Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I am tooooooooooo dumb

Post Thanks / Like

Default I am tooooooooooo dumb

to send a Pm on this site. My BP goes thru the roof. I hate computers. I can enter a title, then I have a blue screen where the subject goes and can not key anything. If for some reason I am barred from posting PM's just let me know.

CrappiePappy is online now Super Moderator - 2013 Man Of The Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by sls View Post
    to send a Pm on this site. My BP goes thru the roof. I hate computers. I can enter a title, then I have a blue screen where the subject goes and can not key anything. If for some reason I am barred from posting PM's just let me know.
    No ... you're not barred from sending a PM, you just have to follow the advice from my buddy Chucky !! Specifically pay attention to the last line in his walkthrough, about changing the editor to "enhanced" !!

(this is how Chucky describes how to fix the "blue screen shading" over your PM message box)

"Go to your profile, click on : send private message.

To the left is : My settings

Go down under : My account

Click on general settings.

Go down to Miscellaneous options.

Look at your : Message editor interface.

I had standard editor. My posting box and pm box was shaded in. I could not type in them unless i did what i said in the post above. But i changed my standard to enhanced interface and every thing is fine now."

That should fix your problem, but if it doesn't ... reply back here & we'll figure it out !!

... cp

shipahoy41 is offline Crappie.com Legend - 2022 Crappie.com Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

you da man Pappy! This site is blessed to have you on it because you are always willing to help others.
    Aquatic Species Removal Engineer.
    May God be with you. Keep CALM and STAY ANCHORED with your faith.

Post Thanks / Like

Your a genius!!! I am still too dumb with computers!!!!!!!!! Think I will just go fishing. Crappie don't care if your too dumb to operate a computer

CrappiePappy is online now Super Moderator - 2013 Man Of The Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

I take no credit, as I had no clue how to fix the problem. I just remembered that it had been brought up, before ... and my buddy Chucky had found the fix & posted it.

... cp

Post Thanks / Like

Never be afraid to ask any questions here on CDC, sls. More than likely someone else is having the same problem, but didn't want to ask how to fix it. There are many knowledgeable people here on the site that can and will help fix it. That is what this site is all about! It is the sharing of knowledge that make it so popular. Even the most knowledgeable guys and gals here learn from the site. "The only dumb questions is the one that wasn't asked"! EB
    DO-GOODER EXTRADINAR :p

skeetbum is offline Crappie.com Legend - Moderator Jig Tying Forum * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

It sounded to me like the cursor wasn't in the field to begin typing. Hope you got it. Welcome from Middle Tennessee.
    Creativity is just intelligence fooling around

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks CP been edgeing around the same problem but now it's fixed thanks to your post about Chucky's advice. It is appreciated the way you get on here and help. Ferdi aka Fred

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by crappiepappy View Post
    I had standard editor. My posting box and pm box was shaded in. I could not type in them unless i did what i said in the post above. But i changed my standard to enhanced interface and every thing is fine now."

That should fix your problem, but if it doesn't ... reply back here & we'll figure it out !!

... cp

Hey CP! I have been building computers and websites nearly 20 years and would be glad to help if anyone has problems. Feel free to PM me if I can be of assistance.

:o dan :o

I only fish on days of the week that end with
    a "Y" ...and then, only if it's raining or not.

Post Thanks / Like

Dan, I'm not the one having issues ... but, we can always use a helping hand for those that do. We appreciate your generous offer to help.

... cp

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast