Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Couple pics of Reelfoot

Post Thanks / Like

Default Couple pics of Reelfoot

Pretty rough since I got here yesterday, I'm wanting to get on the water, but not THAT bad!

I promise it's worse than the pics make it appear.

Someone make it stop!

Apple Pie ProStaff

"G" is offline Super Duper Moderator - 2012 Crappie.Com Man of the year & 2018 Crappie.com Decade of Exceptional Service Awards * Crappie.com Supporter * Member Sponsor
    Post Thanks / Like

Yep and barely beneath all those waves are 10 million stumps

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I897 using Tapatalk 2
    I have spent most my life fishing........the rest I wasted.
    PROUD MEMBER OF TEAM GEEZER
    PICO Lures Field Rep

Cray is offline Crappie.com 2019 Man of Year, Supermod & Moderator of the Mechanics Forum * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Hang in Neon, weatherman promises better days are coming. Winds supposed to start laying down next couple days.
    Proud Member of Team Geezer
    Charlie Weaver USN/ENC 1965-1979

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by "G" View Post
    Yep and barely beneath all those waves are 10 million stumps

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I897 using Tapatalk 2
    A lot of 'em aren't even under water G. I was told lake's down 3'.

Quote Originally Posted by cray View Post
    Hang in Neon, weatherman promises better days are coming. Winds supposed to start laying down next couple days.
    Heard that one before cray......right along with "Check's in the mail" Guy I was just talking to said the same thing, I'm ready!
    Apple Pie ProStaff

Post Thanks / Like

sounds and looks like someone being a "wimp/wuss" to me. You're in a yak that weighs less than 75lbs, the darn thing will just bounce right off those 10 million stumps and not even leave a mark on a single stump.

Hope the weather does calm down for you,but I bet you still hit one or more stumps.
    GO BIG ORANGE !

I meant to behave, but there were just way too many other options available at the time.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jimp View Post
    sounds and looks like someone being a "wimp/wuss" to me. You're in a yak that weighs less than 75lbs, the darn thing will just bounce right off those 10 million stumps and not even leave a mark on a single stump.

Hope the weather does calm down for you,but I bet you still hit one or more stumps.
    C'mon over today, I'll hit the water if you will

Ain't the stumps that concern me, it's the wind/waves. I'm parked next to one of the Bath Houses, and thought I'd do a bit of laundry yesterday. When I stepped-out last evening to check on it, there was zero wind blowing, I thought I must have fallen asleep and was having a dream. Supposedly, things are supposed to calm down after today. Met a guy here yesterday who was staring at the water as much as I have been the past couple days. We got a chuckle about being so close, yet so far. We swapped a couple jigs we each tied, so hopefully it won't be long
    Apple Pie ProStaff

Post Thanks / Like

NeonMoon don't catch all the crappie. Me and a friend will be down on Monday to catch some. Hope the wind has died down by then.

Post Thanks / Like

I'll be fishing next Wed.

Post Thanks / Like

it's "breezy" here today, so you'll probably have some of it tomorrow (hate to be the bearer of potentially bad news). I'm seldom wrong on the weather, everything else yes, but not the weather. JK. Hope the weather settles down for you.
    GO BIG ORANGE !

I meant to behave, but there were just way too many other options available at the time.

Post Thanks / Like

Well, got on the water this AM

And within a few hours........

I scored a big fat zilch, not a single bite. Most everyone I'd heard caught less than 10. If any you guys see a tan Kayak on the water, holler at me, or around the grey bus in the campground.

Hopefully I'll do better tomorrow. Fish or no fish, was nice to be on the water while it was calm. I saw about 10 boats on the water this AM, but most were gone in a few hours.
    Apple Pie ProStaff

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast