Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Ascend FS10 questions

Post Thanks / Like

Default Ascend FS10 questions

i am considering buying the FS10 to fish in some rivers and lakes in Middle Tennessee. i was wondering if anyone had any suggestions or concerns with the kayak. Ive heard nothing but good responses so far. my friend owns one also. any feedback would be appreciated. i also want to hookup a fish finder in it...

Post Thanks / Like

try to do a test paddle on/in as many different yaks as you can, have read some good comments on the Ascend's, but no 1st hand experience
    GO BIG ORANGE !

I meant to behave, but there were just way too many other options available at the time.

Post Thanks / Like

Here's a couple reviews on it:

Bass Pro Shops - Ascend® FS10 Sit-In Angler Kayak - Camo customer reviews - product reviews - read top consumer ratings

South Carolina Kayak Fishing - View topic - Ascend FS10 Sit in Angler

As mentioned in the 2nd, my concern would be if it rolled, being a sit-in.

Also before getting out on a river in one, I'd be sure and do some reading on do's and dont's when kayak fishing in current.
    Apple Pie ProStaff

Post Thanks / Like

I have that exact kayak. I got the camo color. I love it. There is no worry about flipping it, it is very sturdy And almost unflappable unless your dumb. It tracks well. I have hooked a fish finder and trolling motor to mine. Only complaint is it is kind of heavy but can be carried by one normal person.

Post Thanks / Like

thanks for the info Tim

Post Thanks / Like

It is not a question of if you will flip.....but when. If you kayak long enough.......and sometimes not so long enough.....one will flip. So it is best to know what you are going to do when it happens.

Regards

Post Thanks / Like

X's 2, and...........unless you add flotation to a sink, it will not float. The only sink (MaxiPoke boat) I've had, I added floatation, and lots of it. I could
    not sink it and I tried. Did I ever flip it, yep. It too was super stable and I stood and fly fished from it. It only takes one time to find out if it will float.
    Preparation is everything just like a pfd. Be ready for the unexpected at any time on any body of water. A snake fell out of a tree into my poke boat
    and I went to one side too much and flipped out. Don't ever say never. I was prepared and the poke boat floated.
    "Proud Member of Team Geezer"

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by RetiredRR View Post
    ...........unless you add flotation to a sink...
    Not true for plastic kayaks. While it won't float on the surface like a bobber, it will not sink to the bottom either. Stays just a few inches from the surface. Your fiberglass boat was obviously different.

Post Thanks / Like

Yup, definately different.
    "Proud Member of Team Geezer"

Post Thanks / Like

thanks for the info guys