Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: homemade brush piles

Post Thanks / Like

Cool homemade brush piles

i got bored today and this is what i came up with. just a little more structure for the private lake.If anyone has any better quicker or easier ways to build homemade structure please post pics and let me know. thanks Name:  crappie beds 2.jpg
Views: 10933
Size:  58.7 KBName:  crappie beds 2.1.jpg
Views: 15453
Size:  64.3 KBName:  crappie beds 2.12.jpg
Views: 9723
Size:  56.5 KB
    "my wife" crappie fishing is a jerk on one end waiting for a jerk on the other."

pullin they're heads up, ears and all

Post Thanks / Like

im no expert, but it would seem to me that on the triangle structure if you would remove some of the boards where fish could move in and out between the boards it might be a little better than having to only exit and enter through the sides. just a thought. looks good though

Post Thanks / Like

I like pallets, have some mixed in stakebeds. I like to nail legs on them and drive them where they are about 18" off the bottom. Remove every other board so you can drop a bait down through and pull a fish back up from underneath.
    Carl's Guide Service
    Sardis Lake
    Enid Lake
    Grenada Lake
    901-734-7536

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by feelay View Post
    I like pallets, have some mixed in stakebeds. I like to nail legs on them and drive them where they are about 18" off the bottom. Remove every other board so you can drop a bait down through and pull a fish back up from underneath.
    x2, thats what i was thinking

NIMROD is offline Crappie.com Legend - Kids Corner Moderator
    Post Thanks / Like

My opinion is your adding brushy Cedar limbs bad idea. They won't last. Pallet triangles too heavy and hard to sink. Look at these pallet stakebeds. We just put rocks inbetween top and bottom boards to sink. They are cheap with everything but nails free. Sure helps not hanging with most everything except pallet on bottom being verticle. Most folks build too tight, need min 8'' and I pefer atleast 12'' spacing or more.

Moderator of Beginners n Mentoring forum
    Takeum Jigs

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by NIMROD View Post
    My opinion is your adding brushy Cedar limbs bad idea. They won't last. Pallet triangles too heavy and hard to sink. Look at these pallet stakebeds. We just put rocks inbetween top and bottom boards to sink. They are cheap with everything but nails free. Sure helps not hanging with most everything except pallet on bottom being verticle. Most folks build too tight, need min 8'' and I pefer atleast 12'' spacing or more.

Man, i like the looks of those. How many did you sink in one spot? In other words, how big of an area do they cover?

(C.J.)
    ><}}}}*> (C.J.)

Post Thanks / Like

I put 3 to 6 to a spot but it is up you. I perfer having lots of small spots to keep them more secret. Hard to spot on depthfinder unless water is deep. Most of mine 5 to 8' water at low pool here. The guys with side image find them but hard for everyone else. I locate with GPS.
    Takeum Jigs

Post Thanks / Like

nimrod you were 110% right. i fought sinking them for bout 45 mins just gave up and pulled them back in the boat. ive got some concrete blocks at the house and gonna try to go back tomorrow and figure a way to sink em. its either that or take them apart and try your way. is there a way to keep them from flipping over while they're sinking, and about how far apart do you drop them. thanks, i wish i would have seen your comment before i got out there.
    "my wife" crappie fishing is a jerk on one end waiting for a jerk on the other."

pullin they're heads up, ears and all

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bwomack_29 View Post
    nimrod you were 110% right. i fought sinking them for bout 45 mins just gave up and pulled them back in the boat. ive got some concrete blocks at the house and gonna try to go back tomorrow and figure a way to sink em. its either that or take them apart and try your way. is there a way to keep them from flipping over while they're sinking, and about how far apart do you drop them. thanks, i wish i would have seen your comment before i got out there.
    Do not use concrete blocks on top of pallets cause they will flip. With rocks between top and bottom of pallet works good. Drop in and hold level till it starts sinking. I drop a bouy and drop each side close together.
    Takeum Jigs

Post Thanks / Like

I really like this and it seems like it passes the keep it stupid simple test

Quote Originally Posted by NIMROD View Post