Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Longview Lake 10-27-12

Post Thanks / Like

Default Longview Lake 10-27-12

Hit Longview again on Saturday, just after noon. Fished brush pile #3, 19 FOW, using minnows 12-16 feet down, and it was on like the spawn. I don't think I waited longer than 5-10 minutes between slow time bites, and often they were hitting it on the drop or right after it got to depth. Beauty day with no wind. Fished till sunset and caught around 30 fish, with at least a dozen keepers over 10", and missed a ton, but the action was great. The females I caught were still holding eggs. No picks this time because they look exactly the same as the pics I posted last week, a nice basket of crappie.

Post Thanks / Like

Wow now I know I'm not crazy, cause the females we caught out there on Friday had eggs in them too. I didn't mention it cause I didn't want to sound crazy.thanks for the great report.
    Catch Fish Or Die Old Trying!

Post Thanks / Like

I've seen some of the guys on here comment on females holding eggs in the fall and they call it the second spawn or something, I think. I thought it was odd as well, but since I'd seen a few posts about it last year I thought I would throw it up on the board to see if anyone had seen it this year. I'm clueless as to what may become of the eggs, but they were in there, fo sho.

Post Thanks / Like

nice report, and after the spawn a few week, they start there egg producing,,,and it just keeps getting bigger till spring... some small some big some left over. ain't no thang.... sounds lie you had a great day on the water, congrats.