Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Anchoring Death Stars

Cane Pole is offline Crappie.com 2011 Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Anchoring Death Stars

I screwed some 3 inch deck screws in the bottom of the vertical pole, then placed it in a butter container (without butter) by straddling the container with the star. I added some quick crete and then watered the quick crete down. I do not mix. Nasty. I think this should be enough weight to hold them. Will see. The stars are easy to put together and so is the weight I added. Got the PVC from a salvage place. Hey, I am still cheap.
    Last edited by Cane Pole; 01-10-2009 at 02:02 PM.
    Member BS Pro-Staff and Billbob Pro-Staff
    Proud Member of Team Geezer... authorized by: billbob and "G"

Post Thanks / Like

Cane Pole,
    My name is Larry Thompson aka Squall Line, I live in S.C.
    I am new to this board, and I have a QUESTION or 3 about the "Death Stars".
    [1] What is the center piece in the pic that you posted, ahere can I get them and how much do they sell for.?
    [2] How long is the pvc pipe?
    [3] Do you sink them in groups >> on a long point from shallow to deeper water so the point hold crappie all year long?
    I used to do this with christmas trees years ago with groups of 4-5, every 5-6 feet apart from 10-35 ft deep.

Thanks for any help that you can provide.
    Squall Line
    Politicians should be required to wear their corporate sponsors uniform like NASCAR !

Post Thanks / Like

Squall Line,

Look down the list of threads to the one that says " Look What Killer Built" and you will get all the info you want on the "death stars" or just do a search. There are a couple more threads on death stars as well down the list. Plenty of info and will answer your questions. They may be back a page now. Good Luck. CF
    The Original Woodsgoat Hater
    2011 NWR Bash Yellow Perch Champion