Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Minn Kota TERROVA 101/US2 w/i-Pilot

Jigging15 is offline Moderator MO OT and MO Tournaments * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Minn Kota TERROVA 101/US2 w/i-Pilot

Looking into one of these for rigging. My worry is being able to fish trees here on Truman while dipping. Does anyone use both a cable steer trolling motor and the Terrova and switch them out? Was thinking if I had quick detach mount for both I could switch back and forth as the seasons change between rigging and dipping. Does anyone run one of the Terrova's and dip trees? How does it do? I fish very fast when dipping and really like the cable steer Motor Guide digital 82 I have now for it. I have heard that the Terrova is not fast enough for some people's liking when fishing trees. When the wind is not steady or gusting and having to change direction fast is what I am worried about most. Never tried one before so looking for some input before spending the cash. May have to do a ride along program some time with one of you that has one. I checked out Beaglemans at camp and he really likes his.

Post Thanks / Like

i have had a terrova for two years now.. it is it's own animal!!! had a cable on the ranger and was great but the electronic steer on the terrova takes some getting used to.. i have not rigged with it yet but is great for working channels and flats but going from tree to tree not shure you would like it..as far and the way it performs i like it verry much.. One big word of caution the motor WILL SELF DEPLOY IF YOU HIT A BIG A@#$ wave.. and the shaft will shatter.. would be more than happy to get together and let you see how it works some time this fall

Post Thanks / Like

Got one on my boat but we, wife and I, are casual fishers of crappie. I love mine and the "spot lock" feature pays for itself when fishing brushpiles or submerged timber. Got a 2072 SeaArk that catches the wind and it sometimes slow to recover but it does. We do like to dip the trees but do it in a slow manner. I will say a cable troller is faster on turning than this one.

Best thing to do is like you said, go on a ride along with one. Best trolling motor I've ever had but that is me.

leadshot - just his .02

Post Thanks / Like

I have the terrova, I piolit and I fish truman and dip trees and I have Zero problems,,,just takes a little use.. it is great for slow trolling and spiderriggin...

Speck is offline MO/MS Moderator and Fishing Legend * Member Sponsor
    Post Thanks / Like

My Terrova Ipilot is the best trolling motor I've ever owned!!!! The foot control takes some getting used to but it can easily be used for dipping trees. For spider rigging, nothing compares!!! You can go to the back of the boat to put fish in the live well, retie rigs, eat lunch, take a nap, ect and it keeps on driving!!!!

Crazy Angler Pro Staff
    Crappie Logic Pro Staff

Post Thanks / Like

I also have the terrova I pilot its great for fishing brush keeps you within the 5 foot circle. Also if your fishing a line of docks or trees you can record that path and push a button and run the same path. Keeps up to 3 recording. U can also just push a button and head north, south,east or west. And dose all the things that speck said..My only thing is if you have a Flat bottom boat the wind really messes with you setting over a brush pile.

Post Thanks / Like

oh and you can set your speed also,and it does a pretty good job at keeping the same speed, slow trolling it is great.

Post Thanks / Like

I have both and use quick change mounts works very well for me. I don't do well with the terrova in tight places. If I can be of any help let me know

Post Thanks / Like

I have the best trolling motor on the market, I throw a rope around Ron's neck, then throw him overboard and tell him where to head to....... his battery tends to poop out quit qucik on windy days.......
    A FISH IN THE PAN IS WORTH TWO IN THE LAKE

Post Thanks / Like

Mr. Baker made a plate that allowed him to switch from a Motor Guide cable driven motor to an I Pilot. I don't know if something like that would work with your situation, but you might give him a call. Give me a shout if you don't have his number.
    Jim - Have boat - will travel.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast