Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Mini Tubes

Post Thanks / Like

Default Mini Tubes

Hi guys,
    I don't troll or anything, I cast & retrieve. What is the best retrieve to use for small tubes (1 inch powerbait micro tube, white color is what I use) fishing for crappies and bluegills. I have a 5' UL, 6' UL, and a 7'6 UL outfits, I should use the 7'6 right. Have you guys caught bass on the small tubes? Thanks.

Post Thanks / Like

I also have some small bass assasins in watermelon color, are those good?

Post Thanks / Like

I also have some small bass assasins in watermelon color, and charly brewer sliders , are those good?

Post Thanks / Like

I know that the sliders work very well. I use a lot of jigs and tubes with my ul
    outfits. Maybe because that has worked for me and I don't try anything else as often. I really have not tried the other bait but will just to see.

Post Thanks / Like

ok, thanks

Post Thanks / Like

i use tubes all of the time on an ultralight setup....the slow retrieve during the hot part of the day usually gets me a few

Post Thanks / Like

all you mentioned aree good - the bass pro tubes work well also - what lake in NC you fishing
    with my mind on crappie and crappie on my mind -
    and if ya'll see Goober later tellem I said duh huh - he'll know what ya mean!!!!!!!!

Post Thanks / Like

I like to use those 1" tubes during the winter. I will run two at a time on 1/32 oz heads. I perfer to use rods around 9'-10'. My buddy uses a 7'6" and i likes it. I also use the sliders too. But mostly I use home made tubes from a buddy of mine.
    "If people concentrated on the really important things in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles."

Dave

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by crap-king
    all you mentioned aree good - the bass pro tubes work well also - what lake in NC you fishing
    I dunno any good lakes, I'm gonna try fort bragg and the private lake in my behind my house. I know where the brush is a the lake near my house, and I catch a few crappies there with minnows I catch in my net.

CrappiePappy is offline Super Moderator - 2013 Man Of The Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Wink Well, for my money .......

Quote Originally Posted by breadboy
    Hi guys,
    I don't troll or anything, I cast & retrieve. What is the best retrieve to use for small tubes (1 inch powerbait micro tube, white color is what I use) fishing for crappies and bluegills. I have a 5' UL, 6' UL, and a 7'6 UL outfits, I should use the 7'6 right. Have you guys caught bass on the small tubes? Thanks.
    a slow, steady retrieve is the "best". But, on occasion, a gentle shake of the rod while reeling in works - as does a little "pop" of the rod tip, every now & then. Any of the three rod lengths will work ... the biggest difference would be how much "arm" you'll have to use to set the hook (retrieving the slack line), because of the length of the rod. I use 5ft to 8ft rods for jig casting ... in actions from "microlite" to "med", and generally am throwing a 1.5 inch tube or grub, on 4-6lb line. With rod tip at the 10 o:clock position, and line in a gentle arch (from rod tip to water) ... I'm very slowly turning the reel handle. I'm watching the line - for any sign of a "jump", sideways movement, or a sudden slack in the line. I get any of these, and I know I didn't cause them - I'm settin da hook !! And, more often than not, there's a fish on the other end of the line :D .......... luck2ya ... cp

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast