Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Temple Fork Outfitters Gary Loomis Signature Series rods?

Post Thanks / Like

Default Temple Fork Outfitters Gary Loomis Signature Series rods?

Has anyone used these? If so, what model and how do/did you like it? They look really nice and have good reviews on Bass Pro and Cabela's, so I'm considering a light or ultralight.

Temple Fork Outfitters Gary Loomis Signature Series

Post Thanks / Like

First off, these are not the same as G Loomis rods. Having said that, they are nice. I have the model FWSF 601-2. It's a 6' UL with a Tennessee handle. It's a little soft for my tastes but still a good rod.

A few months ago, I went to Bass Pro with the intentions of buying model FWS 601-1. It has a little faster action and a "split" handle. I liked the rod a lot, but I ended up buying a St. Croix Avid instead.

Either of the TFO models would be fine for casting light jigs.

skeetbum is offline Crappie.com Legend - Moderator Jig Tying Forum
    Post Thanks / Like

Don't know the rods but the actions I can speak of. Like DBD I find the ul a bit soft and a good Crappie or surprise bass or bigger is a bit tough to control. I prefer the light action, even better with a fast taper when you can get it. I have 2 - 5' light action rods that get a lot of play with hi vis 4lb.
    Creativity is just intelligence fooling around

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by deathb4disco View Post
    First off, these are not the same as G Loomis rods. Having said that, they are nice. I have the model FWSF 601-2. It's a 6' UL with a Tennessee handle. It's a little soft for my tastes but still a good rod.

A few months ago, I went to Bass Pro with the intentions of buying model FWS 601-1. It has a little faster action and a "split" handle. I liked the rod a lot, but I ended up buying a St. Croix Avid instead.

Either of the TFO models would be fine for casting light jigs.
    Yes, I know it's not really a G. Loomis. Thanks for giving me a heads-up about the Tennessee handle. I found the model you have and Bass Pro indicates that it has the split-grip style handle.

Quote Originally Posted by skeetbum View Post
    Don't know the rods but the actions I can speak of. Like DBD I find the ul a bit soft and a good Crappie or surprise bass or bigger is a bit tough to control. I prefer the light action, even better with a fast taper when you can get it. I have 2 - 5' light action rods that get a lot of play with hi vis 4lb.

I think I'll go with either the 6'6'' L or 7' L.