Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Are these little plastics any good for Crappie

Post Thanks / Like

Default Are these little plastics any good for Crappie

Are these little plastics any good for Crappie or Bluegill? What are some good colors for them?
    Attached Images Attached Images  

shipahoy41 is offline Crappie.com Legend - 2022 Crappie.com Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

What size are they? Most Crappie prefer 1.75" to 2" size baits. Chartreuse, Pink, Chartreuse and black, Chartreuse and pink, Chartreuse and aqua or Chartreuse and white are proven winners.
    Aquatic Species Removal Engineer.
    May God be with you. Keep CALM and STAY ANCHORED with your faith.

Post Thanks / Like

That bottom left would be awesome in chart or white. I've been banging some toads on Gamblers 4" Flappin' Shad. The ones above too, I love fishin' big.
    All lakes raise a foot when I step in the boat

NIMROD is offline Crappie.com Legend - Kids Corner Moderator
    Post Thanks / Like

Like Ship said how big are they? Look like Bass Baits in the photo. Even though I use big baits , would not use much bigger than 2'' for Crappie unless your on some real hawgs! I prefer sliver/white, dark colors/ chartruse, and pink / chartruse or white.
    Moderator of Beginners n Mentoring forum
    Takeum Jigs

Post Thanks / Like

Your baits look real good,I use alot of 3 inch curly tails would use more if they came in many colors.I catch my share of crappie on them,every notice the size of the crappie mouth its large as bass so if it wasn't big why would they eat only smalls baits.Small is not always the best bait nor is large,some days 1/2 in. Will catch more then a 1in..Dints even like large baits at times,usually the 2 in. Is what most people use to catch crappie and bream.

Post Thanks / Like

They look a little big for my taste. Like ship said 1.5" to 2" is plenty big enough
    "my wife" crappie fishing is a jerk on one end waiting for a jerk on the other."

pullin they're heads up, ears and all

Post Thanks / Like

Nice looking baits, but most of them look a little large for crappie to me. Did you pour them yourself? I think the ones in the center with 2 tails would catch crappie. Like Ship says almost any color with chartreuse is good. I've caught some on watermelon red stinger shads I've poured just to test my mold. Think I'll keep some of those in my tackle box.

I only fish on days of the week that end with
    a "Y" ...and then, only if it's raining or not.