Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Lake ONE-tersville

Post Thanks / Like

Default Lake ONE-tersville

My vacation at Guntersville has proven difficult the past 4 days. I was never able to put together a pattern on Bass or Crappie. I would catch ONE fish pretty quickly when I tried a spot. Then nothing. I would move to another location and change tactics and catch ONE fish thinking "okay maybe now this is it". But then nothing.

I just trolled cranks for the Crappie. They were relating to a spot more than schooling like they do in the big three. I would get one or two on a pass and circle back and get a bite in the same area. They all were about 10 inches so I would move around and nothing. I would change a color or model and catch one then nothing else.

I did lose two cranks. One to a catfish (slime on the line) and one to some other large fish that I never saw.

The days were absolutely beautiful and the lake is very nice so it wasn't all bad. The hydrilla and milfoil makes it totally different than what I am used to. I was not able to fish docks like I would in Pickwick because all the docks in less than 14 feet had vegetation under it growing to the surface.

Post Thanks / Like

Cant catch um shoot um. GUN-tersville is named that for a reason.