Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Crappie poles

Post Thanks / Like

Default Crappie poles

What's the difference in a crappie pole and a regular fishing pole,and do you get better results with a crappie pole?

Post Thanks / Like

Crappie poles are generally longer (over 10') to help with vertical jigging and trolling.

Post Thanks / Like

the crappie poles are a lot more sensitive than a regular pole especially jig fishing !!! they have a lot more fill with the graphite that they are made with. i like the 11ft ozark !!!!!!!
    Pro Staff:
    Excel Boat (Meatgetter Edition)
    Crappieholic Apparel
    Hi-Tek Stuff
    Ozark Rods

Please support these great companies!

Post Thanks / Like

people refer to poles as much longer than regular rods. They're more sensitive and you can reach out under a tree or something where you couldn't with a regular rod.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by OutdoorWilly View Post
    people refer to poles as much longer than regular rods. They're more sensitive and you can reach out under a tree or something where you couldn't with a regular rod.
    Well said
    It is not what you do for your children, but what you have taught them to do for themselves, that will make them successful human beings.
    –Ann Landers

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ratheru View Post
    What's the difference in a crappie pole and a regular fishing pole,and do you get better results with a crappie pole?
    Crappie poles only catch Crappie, regular poles catch everything else.

OK, I'm kidding, really just wanted to say welcome!
    Apple Pie ProStaff

Post Thanks / Like

and yeah, to the site from Texas.
    "Proud Member of Team Geezer"

Post Thanks / Like

Welcome from Ar. Crappie poles are designed for the specific methods and light bites that are unique to Crappie fishing. They definitely do make a difference , especially if you are vertical jigging or trolling.

(C.J.)
    ><}}}}*> (C.J.)

Post Thanks / Like

One of my fav rods I fish with is a marketed as a walleye rod (7ft light/fast action st croix eyecon)......one of my other favs is marketed as a float & fly rod (8'6 light/moderate action st croix premier)......my two fav crappie rods are marketed as a small mouth bass rod and a walleye rod.......guess what I'm getting at is don't get caught up in the sales pitch.....educate your self on what you want in a rod to match the technique you intend to use it for.......my fast/light action is perfect for swimming jigs....and my light/mod rod is excellent for a jig n float presentation......the light action on either rod doesn't over match the targeted species (crappie) and the actions are geared towards the type of presentation I use em for......find a rod that doesn't over match the fish and is geared towards the presentation you intend to use it for and you will be extremely happy with it.....don't let any one sell you on a rod just cause its their sponsor or it says crappie on it.

Post Thanks / Like

Well said jeepguyjames.
    Randy Andres

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast