Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Question for Ed

Post Thanks / Like

Default Question for Ed

When I reply to a thread, the instand email notification is turned on so I can be informed of any further posts to that thread. That's the way I keep up with a particular thread I want to participate in. I am finding that I am not being notified of all posts, just some, to that thread after I have subscribed. Any ideas? Thanks,
    Quit Wish'in and Let's Go Fish'in
    Darryl Morris

FAMILY FISHING TRIPS GUIDE SERVICE
    501-844-5418 --- [email protected]

Post Thanks / Like

Offhand, I can not answer you question. My server is on all the time, mail is always running, so they should all be going out.

I don't use that feature, but I will now to see if I can recreate the issue.

I'll also see if there are options in the Vb program that maybe limit emails.
    Owner
    "Wear your PFD" "No texting n driving" slab
    Crappie.com members are the best

Post Thanks / Like

Default Maybe it's just Moose

LOL. Maybe it's just Moose's posts. For example, the GPS thread, I was notified of each post except for the two Moose did. (???) There are other threads that I get a notification for and the message is out of context to what I've already read. I go to the thread and find that there are a few posts that I didn't see. Does it still notify if your logged in? If not, that might be it. Just a timing thing. Anyway, it's a mystery. Thanks
    Darryl Morris

Post Thanks / Like

I'm testing the feature now, and one thing at the bottom of the email that I noticed is this mesage:
    "There may be other replies also, but you will not receive any more notifications until you visit the forum again."

So it seems you would receive one notification between visits "only". Not sure it's one notification per thread, or just plain one notification. But it does confirm that it's monitoring whether you are logged in or not, and you probably don't receive notifications if you're online, but you don't receive multiple notifications per updated thread. Wow, this program is more sophisticated than I thought. kewl

Let me know if this makes sense with what you're seeing while using it. I'll also begin using the feature as it's pretty cool.
    Owner
    "Wear your PFD" "No texting n driving" slab
    Crappie.com members are the best

Post Thanks / Like

Interesting. However, I was online and loggged in when I got the notification. It probably has something to do with the visits and they system isn't meant to notify of every post.
    Darryl Morris