Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Not off to a very good start

Post Thanks / Like

Default Not off to a very good start

Setting with my 2nd flat tire today (on the bus) near Eddyville KY (closed weigh station), 1st flat set me back about 4 hours, and a good chunk of change. Anyone nearby run a Road Service and have a 10R-22.5 and wants to make some money?

Looked on the internet, got a couple numbers, one guy couldn't help but was nice enough to give me a couple more places to try, will have to wait until morning. I'm spendin' the night here, had all the "fun" I can stand for one day.

Gloom, despair, and agony one me................

All I can say is I better catch some nice fish (if I ever make it to Hillman Ferry), this has been an expensive trip, and it's just started.
    Apple Pie ProStaff

Post Thanks / Like

Keep yur chin up, it can only get better from here on! EB
    DO-GOODER EXTRADINAR :p

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks EB, they did. Got "lucky" (that'll come back to bite me later ) found a local guy who had a new tire, still had the sticker on it) for $150 mounted. I was so happy I tossed him an extra $10 and told him lunch was on me.

This one looks much better than the 1st flat of the day:

Currently setting at Hillman Ferry, if any Members are fishing here. I'm a stones throw from Ramp B. Nice place, just need to get online and buy my NR Fishing License. That's gonna have to wait for a hot shower and a good meal.

Apple Pie ProStaff

Post Thanks / Like

Hey, quite the rig you got there. You have a boat with you too? Pretty cool.

Proud Member Of Team Geezer
    Member: Michigan Chapter of Team Overalls

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Crappie 1 View Post
    Hey, quite the rig you got there. You have a boat with you too? Pretty cool.
    Thanks! I get a kick outta the looks I get, people passing me on the interstate taking pics, staring as I drive by, and people at the Campgrounds looking at it. The woman working the Gate is bringing her Husband tomorrow for a Tour, lol.

Short of the flats, I always enjoy the drive, brings back memories of setting next to Dad while he was driving one of his buses while we were on a family camping/fishing trip. We went nearly every weekend during the times it was warm enough to go. Those are times I'll always remember.

Hauling my Kayak in the box on top of the trailer. Just got my Fishing License while I was online, don't have Cell reception, but my Air Card works for internet, go figure? Hopefully I won't lose it (internet).

Now I'm off for that hot shower and some grub!
    Apple Pie ProStaff

Post Thanks / Like

Appreciate the report. You got the hitch behind you now (flat tire) and probably won't have another hiccup the rest of the trip.
    Remember, slowly inhale and exhale, stay calm..........enjoy the moment. No two days will be the same. Lookin' forward to some
    photos of fish.
    "Proud Member of Team Geezer"

Post Thanks / Like

Hey RRR, Oh, I'm fine, 2 years in a row starting-off with tire problems (last year was the trailer). I don't get too upset about stuff like that, doesn't help.

Keeping my fingers crossed for calmer waters tomorrow (saw some small whitecaps today) so I can get the kayak in the water. Fish or no fish, I'll have some pics.
    Apple Pie ProStaff

Cray is offline Crappie.com 2019 Man of Year, Supermod & Moderator of the Mechanics Forum * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Man hate to hear you have had so much trouble already but that sure is a pretty place your at.
    Proud Member of Team Geezer
    Charlie Weaver USN/ENC 1965-1979

Post Thanks / Like

It's all good cray, setting where I'm at is worth a little trouble. Biggest problem was just cutting into my budget a bit (I have to save half the year so I can leave the other half). Worse comes to worse, I can always go back to Indiana early.

No TV reception here, but I stock-up on $5 DVDs when I go to SprawlMart, for just such occasions. Well, couldn't sleep last night, so I laid in bed and watched one. Was after midnight now, still not tired, so go grab another, still wrapped in plastic just like when I bought it, opened it up.....and no DVD, just an empty case. There's $5 I'll never see again.

Spent a little time straightening up some gear, and rolled the Scooter outta the trailer to take a ride. Thought I'd better check the air in the tires, since it hasn't been ridden since last Fall. Front low, all but flat on the rear. Grab the trusty bicycle pump, clip the hose onto the valve stem of the tire, and hear air hissing. Sure enough the hose on the pump had split Went up to the Outpost (Park Store) to see what my odds were of finding air, they had a compressor, so I'm back in business.

Every day is an adventure LOL!
    Apple Pie ProStaff

Cray is offline Crappie.com 2019 Man of Year, Supermod & Moderator of the Mechanics Forum * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

I sure hope it don't get to the point you have to call early retreat I'm hoping for some exciting adventure stories of the good kind on you entire trip.
    Proud Member of Team Geezer
    Charlie Weaver USN/ENC 1965-1979

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast