Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Re place fish finder on Bass Tracker PRO V 16

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re place fish finder on Bass Tracker PRO V 16

Has everone done this? if not do you know where I can get it install at a reasonable price.

Post Thanks / Like

I've replaced the DF/FF on my Tracker PT 175 more times that I care to admit to. Replaced the one at the console and up on the bow a couple times, ran power wire under the floor up to the front. Post up some pictures of your boat and maybe someone can offer some suggestions. I'm not familar with your model boat, but it shouldn't be too hard to figure out with some pictures to look at.
    GO BIG ORANGE !

I meant to behave, but there were just way too many other options available at the time.

Post Thanks / Like

I have Tracker V18 All-Fish, I think it's build like yours and the wiring is run on the starboard side, behind the side wall. It was a little trickie to run the wiring. I used a fish-tape to pull the wiring thur the side wall. I removed the throttle control to get access to the wiring in the side wall.
    You could use some stiff wire to fish the wire with if you don't have a fish tape. Oh FYI if you don't already know a fish tape is used to pull wire in conduit.
    How this helps but with a few tools and a little time you should be able to install it yourself.
    Alan
    ------------------
    Tight Lines to all
    Roll Tide Roll

Post Thanks / Like

Here are pictures of my boat. My carble are on starboard side also in upper panel. tied together with cable ties there fore can not
    pull old cable out. Can that upper panel be removed? Any suggestion would help.Name:  DSCN0013.jpg
Views: 6529
Size:  40.8 KBName:  DSCN0014.jpg
Views: 9582
Size:  38.5 KBName:  DSCN0016.jpg
Views: 6602
Size:  49.3 KB

Post Thanks / Like

I would be willing to bet the side panel can be removed via some screws buried in the carpet all along the edges of the panel in question. You can run your finger(s) along the carpet and should find some, and then go from there. My PT175 has a similar panel and it will come off by removing the screws, just be careful with the control cables, you can then remove the old wiring and install the new wiring as needed. Don't worry about cutting those wire ties to remove the old wiring, just don't yank on the control cables alot, and then use new wire ties when you get the new wires installed. Pay attention to avoid pinching the new wires when installing so you won't have any issues after you get all buttoned back up. You may need to remove more panels depending on where or how things are put together. Hopefully these panels are not riveted on.
    GO BIG ORANGE !

I meant to behave, but there were just way too many other options available at the time.

Post Thanks / Like

whit5607, the easiest way to do it, is to tape your new wires to your old ones and pull them through. i rewired me entire boat last fall and found a lot of un-used and un-wanted wires, im surprised the boat did not catch fire, there were so many "rigged" wires in my boat. coat hangers work well also for pulling. if you can get the zip ties cut your on your way, if not, leave them, DO NOT cut the wires that your want to replace, you might not get all the right ones cut or cut ones you dont want to and cause a short to ground or short to positive and that becomes your fire hazard.

Post Thanks / Like

Your boat is build like mine. Yes some of the side panels will come off but not all. I ran into the same thing as you, wire tyes all the way down the wire run. Also I had some spray insulation that was spayed over some of the wires from the factory, that's why I used a fish tape didn't want to rewire whole boat for a FF !
    If you know any one that does electrical work they should have a fish tape that maybe you could use, it's the easy way I have found.
    Alan
    ------------------
    Tight Lines to all
    Roll Tide Roll

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks guys for your inputs. I will purchase a new unit and give it a try. thanks again

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by whit5607 View Post
    Has everone done this? if not do you know where I can get it install at a reasonable price.
    I replaced mine on a Tracker Pro Team 16.5. I used the existing electrical wiring and I used the old transducer cable to pull in the new cable. Actually I tied a cord to the old cable and pulled it our and used the cord that followed it to pull the new cable in.
    One word of caution! I managed to loosen a wire on the gear shift so that the outboard would not always start. Guess it looked like the shift was not in neutral. Anyway I had to get my shop to run down the loose wire and repair. I did not have a clue that I had loosened the wire, I thought my ignition switch was going bad.
    So you can do it fairly easily just be careful of the wiring.
    I had to buy a fishtape to run a wire through the channel in my trailer. You can get a decent one at Lowes for $10 to $15. They are handy for a lot of tasks such as feeding wiring through confined runs.
    SeaRay
    Mark 1:17 ...I will make you fishers of men