Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Hunters vs Fishermen (and Murphy's Law)

Post Thanks / Like

Default Hunters vs Fishermen (and Murphy's Law)

Well, dad and I got to get out early Saturday morning and had our plan, knowing we'd go catch at least half a limit. As we approached our spot, Murphy's law went into effect (just like my last trip wih my wife). There were 4 trucks parked at the gate, obviously belonging to hunters. Needless to say, we decided it wasn't worth the risk to go through the woods to the fishing hole, so we had to go with plan B. I guess next time we won't go so early, or not on a Saturday... We had been researching our maps using Google and I remembered a spot that feeds off the Tennessee that we had fished in our bass boat before. We decided to check it out. Water is coming down in a hurry and I was not sure we'd have anything to fish there, but there was, so we checked it out. Fished along the channel and up in some sloughs off the main water. Got a little frustrated by some other fishermen (if you want to call them that) that pulled in right in front of us and started fishing... Turned out to be a pretty good day. Brought home 8, with the largest being a 12 1/2" white crappie. Most were caught on orange/green (with balck specks) body near laydowns and brush, caught a couple crappie and strip drifting, but no size... All in all a great day. Got to spend time with my dad fishing, and then that afternoon took my little girl to Bootanica at the Botanical Gardens in Huntsville, then got to watch the Tide roll over the Vols!

Name:  IMG_1038.jpg
Views: 291
Size:  43.1 KBName:  IMG_1039.jpg
Views: 280
Size:  43.7 KBName:  IMG_1041.JPG
Views: 306
Size:  112.0 KB

Post Thanks / Like

Sounds like you had a good day....caught some fish, time with your Dad, time with your daughter and you team won!

Post Thanks / Like

Way to make the best out of the day,nice catch!

Helicopter Pilot
    Vietnam 67/68
    Proud Member of the Southeast Asian War Games Team

Post Thanks / Like

There's nothing like making memories whether you catch fish or not, but if you do that's just a little extra icing on the cake. Congrat's on a great day.