Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Lake Thunderhead Map?

Post Thanks / Like

Default Lake Thunderhead Map?

A relative of mine has invited me to do some crappie fishing with him on a small lake in NE Missouri called, Lake Thunderhead. This lake is located just North of Unionville,MO
    Does anyone know where I could find a downloadable (or other free) contour map of this lake? If not, is there one available to buy somewhere?

I have never been there and would like to check it out on a map before I head over there the July 4th weekend.

Thanks,
    Slab Happy

Jigging15 is offline Moderator MO OT and MO Tournaments * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

I checked on my mapsouce software and found the lake . But it did not have contours on it. Looks to be a pretty good size lake though. It runs north and south for about 4 miles. And looked to have a few arms off of the main lake running east and west.. Also there was a city lake just south of it. It also looked to be of decent size. You may be able to find something there local when you arrive. My mapsouce software shows all lakes but only the larger and more used ones have depth contours and marina info. Hope this helps. Maybe somebody from that area will have some better info.

Post Thanks / Like

I'm pretty sure that's the lake the real estate lady that was on here a month or so ago was advertising. She was pushing lots for sale, if it's the same one it's private and there probably is'nt any maps for it. Some of them private subdivision lakes are goldmines, let us know how you did slab happy...izzy

Post Thanks / Like

Yeh, I found out it is a private lake. No map, but thanks for the info anyway...guess I'll just have to do it the old fashioned way.
    Will try to let you know how we do...it will be over the 4th weekend, so I am not too optimistic at this point...maybe early in the a.m. when the hangovers are just starting to kick in!!
    slab happy

Jigging15 is offline Moderator MO OT and MO Tournaments * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

good luck