Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: sinking brush in lakes

Post Thanks / Like

Default sinking brush in lakes

is it legal or illegal? i have heard and read both online for missouri but haven't got a consistent answer. some people say it is illegal. others says it's legal as long as you don't sink treated wood and it won't interfere with other boaters. any help with this is greatly appreciated. The main lakes in question is stockton and pomme de terre.

Post Thanks / Like

Check with the corp of engineers,they manage the lake waters.

Post Thanks / Like

Here in Ky it takes a permit on some lakes.

Sent from a Droid.

Post Thanks / Like

It's legal if you do it at night. Lots less paperwork.

Post Thanks / Like

I think it depends on the lake and how it is managed by whichever governing body manages that lake. Some lakes want you to get a permit. Some require a permit plus a "general" location of the drops. Others don't allow it all. Call around and ask about the lake you want to make drops. Of course all of them know that no matter what they say, some guys will drop brush regardless of the rules.

Post Thanks / Like

good question, hope to get a response from the agents on here, I know of several, well 3 people who have permits from the corps to place brush on stockton lake... but alas all lakes are different.and all goverment personnel read rules different ...

Post Thanks / Like

my biggest issue with it is i cannot find any information anywhere saying that it is illegal. if it is illegal you would think they would make it something you could find if you searched for it.

Post Thanks / Like

i can tell you for a fact it is not illegal on all lakes, table rock and stockton and truman you can sink brush, not sure about them northern lakes.

Post Thanks / Like

Smithville Corps does not allow anglers to sink brush. A lot of work is being done by MDC and the Corps to create brushpiles and they welcome volunteers to help with that. I'm fairly certain you will need a permit at least on other Corps lakes. No permits are being issued at Smithville since there is an avenue for folks to help create brushpiles there.

Post Thanks / Like

I believe there may be folks that will still brush up areas, so could you give us an idea of what the citations might include if you were caught making a stake bed, or dropping brush.

Thanks in advance.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast