Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Have all you guys hung 'em up?

Post Thanks / Like

Default Have all you guys hung 'em up?

Nobody's Kayak fishing? Working on their Kayak? Floating in the bathtub in theirs? Sleeping in it?

My time's coming, but could use a pic fix in the meanwhile.

How 'bout it RRR.....got that Barcalounger strapped on yours yet?
    Apple Pie ProStaff

Post Thanks / Like

We have a small group heading to Black Creek in MS tomorrow for a couple of days. Camping, fishing, paddling to find more fish. The report is there is not much in the way of Crappie in the Creek so we will see what is there.

Boats in the floatilla: 2 Ultimate 14's, 2 ultimate 12's and a canoe. Maybe we'll do a Native commercial!

Report and pics hopefully!

Daily fishin

Post Thanks / Like

Mine does not get hung up until there is no open water to paddle on, which means mine often does not get hung up until late February some years. There have been a few years when I was able to paddle all year. Not enough time to fish right now but I still manage to paddle a few times a week. Love paddling the rivers in the winter and fish the lake right up until it becomes ice.
    It is not about the equipment you have to use,
    It is about how you use the equipment you have. :D

Post Thanks / Like

Been a little slow here lately, thought the cooler temps had everyone getting into "Fall Mode". I haven't been in a while, but plan on making up for it real soon!
    Apple Pie ProStaff

Post Thanks / Like

NeonMoon, went yesterday to a local lake where some fresh brush had been installed by one of our members, but the wind blew me everywhere except
    where I wanted to be. Did catch some wipers, but couldn't hook up with a crappie. Did see bunches of fish on the fishfinder, but I didn't have a thing
    they wanted in the kayak. Stopped by the crappiehouse on the lake and nobody had anything and don't really know why. Cloudy, cool and comfortable
    conditions to fish, but the fish had not been notified I were coming. Got a real good workout and the soreness was almost welcome ... just would
    have liked a mess of crappie to practice my filleting techniques. Going again tomorrow with nothing but watermelon wine jigs, desperation move.
    Looking forward to posting a fantastic report soon.
    "Proud Member of Team Geezer"

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by RetiredRR View Post
    NeonMoon, went yesterday to a local lake where some fresh brush had been installed by one of our members, but the wind blew me everywhere except
    where I wanted to be. Did catch some wipers, but couldn't hook up with a crappie. Did see bunches of fish on the fishfinder, but I didn't have a thing
    they wanted in the kayak. Stopped by the crappiehouse on the lake and nobody had anything and don't really know why. Cloudy, cool and comfortable
    conditions to fish, but the fish had not been notified I were coming. Got a real good workout and the soreness was almost welcome ... just would
    have liked a mess of crappie to practice my filleting techniques. Going again tomorrow with nothing but watermelon wine jigs, desperation move.
    Looking forward to posting a fantastic report soon.
    I thought you might have been sneakin' out without telling us Had to be nice just being on the water, I know I'm lookin' forward to it, keepers are a bonus.

What are you doing for an anchoring system? I don't recall any mention of it in your threads.

Hope you catch a mess!
    Apple Pie ProStaff

Post Thanks / Like

This is a photo of my anchor system, but also utilize the anchor when not fishing the trees/brush, off the same anchor trolly.
    Works for me real well.As far as hangin' it up.............only when the lake freezes over or the eyes freeze the line to the eyes
    of the rod. I use an umbrella if the wind is too cold as long as it's not too high. Stay anchored and fishing as long as they're
    biting. Ain't got frostbite yet. When deer season opens, the creeks and lakes are void of fishermen. No competition for the
    good spots. Wear insulated suits, insulated boots and gloves and not worry about football games or much of anything else.
    Got a little crank power radio with ear bud and the scenery. Thermos of hot soup and one for coffee. Let it snow......
    Name:  fishing 044.jpg
Views: 458
Size:  42.2 KB
    Last edited by RetiredRR; 10-18-2012 at 11:04 PM.
    "Proud Member of Team Geezer"

Post Thanks / Like

done a little work on my kayak. i put a stake out holder on it and worked on my trailer. got to replace the to replace the board that holds my fishing rods. been wanting to go fishing but a few other things have gotten in the way. hope to go this weekend for some crappie.

Post Thanks / Like

I had some time off this past Monday and Tuesday, the fishing was horrible, not even a nibble, but it was a GOOD day to be on the water. The colors are starting to come in here in E TN.Name:  oct 17 ballplay area.jpg
Views: 437
Size:  69.4 KBName:  oct 17 fishing trip.jpg
Views: 408
Size:  53.1 KB
    GO BIG ORANGE !

I meant to behave, but there were just way too many other options available at the time.

Post Thanks / Like

jimp- Showoff! Nice pics!

I'm gonna be at Reelfoot next month (around the 7th or so), how far are you from there? If I get a decent site (close to the water), I may stay a week or 2, can't remember if the Park closes the middle or end of November. If the temps stay up, I may try and get in at Airpark afterwards.
    Apple Pie ProStaff

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast