Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: What are you paying for unpainted jig heads ?

Jig Maker Guest

Default What are you paying for unpainted jig heads ?

What is the going rate for unpainted jigheads per 100 1/16 or 1/32 using a good wire hook?

Post Thanks / Like

Default Larry-Southern Indiana

I've seen them from $11.00 per 100 to $16.00 plus shipping. If someone has them cheaper let us all know. I've found 1/48th,1/32th,1/16th with No.2 hooks instead of No.4. If anyone wants the site I'll look it back up. Can't remember the name offhand. I'm going to try bigger hooks this coming year instead of smaller ones. Maybe it'll keep the bigger ones from getting off to easily providing I can hook any to begin with. :D

Larry

Post Thanks / Like

I was just in the D&M store in Sullivan, Illinois, near Lake Shelbyville and they are asking $7.95 for 100 unpainted jig heads with gold hooks in 1/32, 1/16, and 1/8 oz sizes.
    Ken

Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs up jigs

Jig maker......

Had asked the same ? the other day, i went to Wal-Mart and looked at theirs, per 10, single barb and non-gold hooks, $1.60. I make / sell some, figured mine is worth $1.70 per 10. I make mine with all gold eagle claw hooks, no. 575 in sizes 2 for 1/16 and no.4 for 1/32, mine also has the double barb collar for better jig skirt holding. I mailed Canepole some free of charge for his inspection, I'm sure he will let everyone know about what they looked like when he gets em. I had a guy look at some of the ones i make, he wanted to buy several but didn't have any idea as to what to charge. I also powder coat paint some of the heads and sell them for $2.25 per 10. Would be glad to send you some free samples as well. Send me your mailing address and i'll get you some right out. I would sell the guys on here some if they wanted to buy. I'm sure we could agree on a fair price, i would be fair.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Larry-Southern Indiana
    I've seen them from $11.00 per 100 to $16.00 plus shipping. If someone has them cheaper let us all know. I've found 1/48th,1/32th,1/16th with No.2 hooks instead of No.4. If anyone wants the site I'll look it back up. Can't remember the name offhand. I'm going to try bigger hooks this coming year instead of smaller ones. Maybe it'll keep the bigger ones from getting off to easily providing I can hook any to begin with. :D

Larry
    Yes Larry, send me that web site, please
    What type hooks are they using (gold, red, bronze).
    Last edited by duane; 11-28-2004 at 11:26 PM.
    Duane

My soon to be ex-wife calls me a CrappieHead