Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Ordered some bait for the road

Post Thanks / Like

Default Ordered some bait for the road

Monday I ordered 1K Crickets, 1K Superworms, and a Quart of Water Bites (gel form water for crickets) from Armstrongs. I placed an order with them earlier this summer, and was happy, so they got my business again.

Fed-Ex delivered today, and after dumping the crickets into their new home (plastic tote/tub), I proceeded to open the 2nd box marked "Live Worms". All it contained was an 11.6 oz jar of Water Bites.

I was already 5 minutes late to meet a couple buddies for lunch, so I waited until afterwards to call Armstrongs. My call was answered on the 2nd ring (by an actual person), to whom I explained being shorted the Superworms on my order. She was extremely apologetic, as well as pleasant, and told me she'd get them sent next-day delivery. I thanked her and hung-up.

Due to not being able to sleep well, as well as now having a full belly, a nap was in order. After waking, something hit me about the Water Bites.....the 11.6 oz container I received, but I'd ordered a Quart. Double-checked my packing ticket, sure enough, I'd ordered a Quart. Back to the phone, again, 2nd ring, same nice gal. I explained what I'd just realized, and apologized for not catching it before calling the 1st time. She assured me it was no-problem, and again offered her apology for the mix-up. She said I'd also receive a Quart tomorrow with the Superworms.

Here's what really impressed me. I told her that I was more than happy to just have them credit the difference of the cost difference between the 2 size jars because I didn't want them to have to pay-out their profits in shipping. I also I told her I actually didn't need to have any of it until the weekend, since I'm not leaving until Monday AM, so Next-Day Delivery wasn't even required. She assured me that my satisfaction was their #1 concern, and none of it was a problem for them, and again, she was sorry for the trouble. I again thanked her, and told her how impressed I was with their Customer Service, and I meant it. No questions, no hassles, just solutions. It don't get any better than that.

They have a Customer for life, me.

It'll be interesting to see what it's like sleeping in the bus with 1,000 chirping crickets
    Apple Pie ProStaff

Post Thanks / Like

Just to follow-up, received 1,000 Superworms and a Quart of Water bites this morning, and the chirping didn't interfere with my sleep at all.
    Apple Pie ProStaff

Post Thanks / Like

I used to hear crickets and found them soothing. Now, I can't hear crickets and feel I'm missing something, know what I mean?
    Good Report re: Armstrongs. Never heard of water bites, until you said what it was. Never too old to learn something new.
    "Proud Member of Team Geezer"

Post Thanks / Like

Could you tell us what water bites are?? I feed my crickets half and orange to keep them alive in our brutal summer heat. Still lose some so curious as to what water bites are.
    SeaRay
    Mark 1:17 ...I will make you fishers of men

Post Thanks / Like

And a website for them please.
    SeaRay

Post Thanks / Like

I'm thinking it's food or something to keep 'em alive.
    I just googled cricket water bites.Name:  cricketwaterbites.jpg
Views: 345
Size:  4.0 KB
    "Proud Member of Team Geezer"

Post Thanks / Like

Learn something every day. Gotta check this out.

Post Thanks / Like

WOW, now that is reel customer service there. I wish more companies would have the mentality that this company has.

THE BEST TIME TO FISH IS WHEN IT'S RAINING AND WHEN IT'S NOT RAINING

Post Thanks / Like

Here's Armstrongs Site SeaRay: http://www.armstrongcrickets.com/crickets

The Water Bites are simply a hydration source, they'll still need food (I use Chicken Mash). The advantage is not having water (in any amount/depth, which will allow Crickets to drown), is that it is in a form similar to Jell-O. The label says it's also Calcium fortified, which may be more of a benefit for feeding the crickets to pets, not sure how much of a factor it plays otherwise (regarding using them for bait).

That's how I felt 65, and why I wanted to even mention them. Any time a company handles a problem with an order or product the way Armstrongs, I feel they deserve mention and a big thumbs-up.
    Apple Pie ProStaff