Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Who is the best night hunter?

Post Thanks / Like

Default Who is the best night hunter?

Looking for a night guide that is respected on here for his night fishing for some product evaluations.

Notice, no product mentioned so this is not to be considered advertising.

Thanks...

Post Thanks / Like

Default Who is the best night hunter?

First I was going to recomened Wiley Coyote : Very cunning, able to survive harsh climates, and Hey who likes Road Runner anyways.

Next I was pulling for Pepe LaPew : Wow does he have a way with cats,,,,

After much deliberation my final pic has got to be the bat. Yep, thats right BATMAN Anyone that can use the gizmos he has on his belt surly can be relied upon to test a few lures as long as Alfred gives the OK

All kidding aside I'm sure you'll find someone to test your lures.
    Just wondering - Why for night fishing and not daylight. Any night fisherman worth his salt knows that fish are much easier to fool at night then durning the day. Also........ the big boys come out and play then.

BB

Post Thanks / Like

Do you read the forums here? I don't think he is a guide, for money anyway. RANGO from SC., the grand poobaa of nightstalkin. How's that for kissin up hehe...izzy

Post Thanks / Like

Default Smittay

Check with Falcon Smitty. I believe he is on the Georga board.
    I'm sick of following my dreams. I'm just going to ask them where they're goin' and hook up with them later.

Post Thanks / Like

Default not lures

Quote Originally Posted by blairbasser
    First I was going to recomened Wiley Coyote : Very cunning, able to survive harsh climates, and Hey who likes Road Runner anyways.

Next I was pulling for Pepe LaPew : Wow does he have a way with cats,,,,

After much deliberation my final pic has got to be the bat. Yep, thats right BATMAN Anyone that can use the gizmos he has on his belt surly can be relied upon to test a few lures as long as Alfred gives the OK

All kidding aside I'm sure you'll find someone to test your lures.
    Just wondering - Why for night fishing and not daylight. Any night fisherman worth his salt knows that fish are much easier to fool at night then durning the day. Also........ the big boys come out and play then.

BB
    He asked a simple question. He has a few products that are made to help enhance night time fishing. The night time bite is not as easy as you would think. I like to fish nights in the summer just because it's cooler, and you don't have to mess with the jet skis and recreational boaters. The wind is usually allot calmer as well.
    JCJ, I'll test what you want, and send it back to you when I am done. I am not looking for a freebie. Hope it has something to do with black light fishing.
    Reaper, Where Fish come to Fry

Post Thanks / Like

First let me say good post Crappie Reaper...

JCJ you will find alot of good night fishers on this forum...We night fish all the time...Anytime you need advise or help with anything let us know ...We would be glad to help in any way ....

Good luck to ya!!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by crappiequeennc
    First let me say good post Crappie Reaper...

JCJ you will find alot of good night fishers on this forum...We night fish all the time...Anytime you need advise or help with anything let us know ...We would be glad to help in any way ....

Good luck to ya!!
    I'm a daily reader and big time slab hunter. I asked in the way I did to get recomendations from the troops on here.
    I know of Rango amd others and have read his and others posts for a long time.

We are having good success with the new lights yet I know you guys would best take a locals word so thats what I want to go for. I didnt think Rango likes green lights though, am I wrong?

Thanks...

Post Thanks / Like

I dunno, but, me no gottie green light. The jury on them are still out in my mind and perhaps many others. I have the old white starfire that I drop overboard in the heat of the summer, and cold of the winter. The thoughts that I have had over the green lights, is that they might attract the baitfish, while not spooking the crappie near as much as the white light. Which means, a Crappie may be more likely as to venture into the light.
    Reaper, Where Fish come to Fry

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Jumping Cholla Jigs
    I'm a daily reader and big time slab hunter. I asked in the way I did to get recomendations from the troops on here.
    I know of Rango amd others and have read his and others posts for a long time.

We are having good success with the new lights yet I know you guys would best take a locals word so thats what I want to go for. I didnt think Rango likes green lights though, am I wrong?

Thanks...
    you are correct. the green lights IVE USED i dint like. i paid about 25 bucks each for three a few years ago. small fluroscent types you had to weigh down with a weight to make em sink. none of em lasted long before they quit working. we never had any sucess with em while they was burning so i give up on em. if theyd have been white fluroscent, id have the same opinion of em as i do the ones i tried. i did fish side by side with a guy a few weeks ago what had one of the expensive hydra glow lights. i think it was over 200 dollars in cost. im not paying that kind of money for a fishing light. we usually have from three to 5 people fishing out of my boat, and each person gets a light. 5 200 dollar lights aint worth it to me. my boat is so big and spread out, a light in the middle means the ones on the ends and opposite side will be fishing in dark water. contrary to what a lot of folks say, we catch a lot, if not most, of our fish in the BRIGHT lights hanging at our rods. Im not saying green dont work. far from that. if you read back youll find i say its mostly a matter of choice. as for myself i prefer white due to my past experiences with green. I keep an open mind when it comes to methods and equipment. If i use something and it works for me ill use it and reccomend it. If it dont i wont use it and wont reccomend it, however that dont mean im gonna look down my nose at someone whose methods are different from mine, especially if they are catching fish. I have about a half dozen or so regualrs i fish with who fish the way i fish when they are on my boat and they catch fish. a lot of fish. occasionally someone new will wanna go, so they can get a look around and see what they can do to set their rigs up. they see how i do it, and then start rigging their boats. if theyd went on someones boat who uses different methods and equipment, im sure theyd follow suit. you cant argue with results. if anyone has a different way of catching fish on nightstalks than we do, clue me in and if it works BETTER than the way i do it, ill change my methods. over on the sc board we pick at each other a lot about different stuff. fishing lights and rods are probably the most often thing we keep bringing up, probably to the point someone whose not aware of what we doing, will think we are at odds, but thats not the case. I tell every one i go with the same thing----what you see tonight when you go with me is how i do it. that dont mean its the only way or the correct way to do it, but its what works for me. keep an open mind and use what we do to your best advantage and if you know of a better way let me know.. if you do, youll learn something thats gonna put fish in your cooler. If anyone can show me a green light thats durable and i can afford, ill use one if it works for me. thats my story aind im sticking to it
    listen with your eyes---its the only way to beleive what you hear...

Post Thanks / Like

Rango... Lets take this off the board so it doesnt start to get confused with an ad please.

You sound like an honest guy to check out the lights. Do you also use anu UV lights to watch your lines/floats?

Please email me for further discussion about testing a light or two out.

[email protected]

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast