Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Advice Needed

Post Thanks / Like

Default Advice Needed

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Minn-...01103803QQrdZ1

there is the link for a trolling motor. Is that a good deal if i were to "buy it now". THe shipping for me is 17.00

i am a college student and i barely have any money, i have a 19 ft. fiberglass deckboat (my parents) and i hate not having a trolling motor. Would that 36 lb. motor be enough? i believe 55lb is recommended for a boat of my size, but there is now way i can afford one.

any advice would be great!

thanks

Barnacle Bill is offline Super Mod and 2014 Crappie.com Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

A reconditioned 40lb motor from Cabels's is $299 so that is a fair price. However, it doesn't say what the shaft length is. With that big of a boat, you would do well to save until you can get a bigger motor. Just my opinion.
    Fair Winds and Following Seas

Bill H. PTC USN Ret
    Chesapeake, Va

Post Thanks / Like

thanks, i asked the seller how long the shaft is, it looks to me like it is 42" maybe...

gabowman is offline Super Moderator * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

IMHO, for a boat that size the only days you'll be remotely satisfied with that size motor would be on a windless calm day, which are rare. Going into a headwind you'll loose ground and with the wind at your back you wont be able to keep the boat straight. I'd save for awhile and get one stronger if I were you.
    Health nuts are going to feel stupid someday, lying in hospitals dying of nothing.

Post Thanks / Like

sounds like that is the way i should go... I could get a 55 lb. 54" shaft motor for $400 w/ shipping, but i will need to work for awhile, and i might be eating catfood in the fall for college, but hopefully i can make it work...

thanks for the help.

Post Thanks / Like

if it helps, the salmon dinner treat is the best...nuke in the microwave for a minute and eat it with a saltine cracker...

Post Thanks / Like

A deck boat is heavy and has a high profile get the highest # you can even a 36 volt would be better. Make sure you will have atleast a foot in the water. lol
    Today is a great day

Post Thanks / Like

For a 19 ft. glass boat you'll want more motor than that. Keep shoping

BB

Post Thanks / Like

Hey Hurricane, I have a 17ft glass boat & have a 45 lb on it. It does good with little or no wind, but once the wind gets up to 10-15 mph I get blown all over the lake:mad : & it makes for a long day

I am looking to upgrade to a 70-75 lb thrust in the near future.

Post Thanks / Like

i have a 12V system, so 70-75 lb probably wouldnt work, but i am just sick of getting 2 casts in before i drift out of position, i just want something!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast