Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Seat Angle question

Post Thanks / Like

Default Seat Angle question

Hoping someone has a suggestion - I got some new wise boat seats for my basstracker this year. I could not really put my finger on it - but have not been very happy with them since putting them in the boat. For pedestals I have the Swivel-eze pin type base and risers. While out on the water today after about 5 hours I noticed that the seats sit either too straight or even lean forward a little. This seems like it could be the reason I am not happy with them. I have search and searched and can not seem to find a mounting base that leans back a little. I have found adjustable bases but it appears like they tilt forward but NOT back. Has anyone else had this issue and found a good solution?

Thanks

TomD

Post Thanks / Like

If you were happy with the original seats you had in the boat you will be better off having your seats reupolstered over the Wise seats. I had to change my seats out because the wood rotted and the upolstery on all the rest of the seats was coming apart. I did like you did, I bought all new Wise seats and I didn't get the top of the line either. I was sorry but the frames will not rot. The seats are not comfortable and I let the boat set out through a couple summers and now all the upo;stery has come apart. I saved the original seats and will have them repaired with good upolstery and then see about the rest of the pontoon seats. Nothing beats the original seats unless you get the high dollar replacements. Ferdi aka Fred

Post Thanks / Like

If you have 3/4 inch pin pedestals, make sure the arrow on your seat base aims forward, there's a slight tilt to them.
    I clever quip fishing ironic statement crappie!

Cray is offline Crappie.com 2019 Man of Year, Supermod & Moderator of the Mechanics Forum * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

If you are saying you have the 3/4 pin poles check your base that is bolted to bottom of seat. Some have a arrow stamped into them that is supposed to be pointed forward. Those type have built in angle to them. If not loosen all of your mount g screws might even take 2 longer ones. Get some washers and add them between base and seat until you get a angle you can live with. Have had to do that with seats before.
    Proud Member of Team Geezer
    Charlie Weaver USN/ENC 1965-1979

Post Thanks / Like

Post Thanks / Like

Might consider putting Tempress hi backs on, Academy sports has 'em for $100 most of the time. I put the tempress hi backs on my pedestal seats in myu bass tracker and have not complaints at all. I still get a bit stiff from sitting for extended periods of time, but the seats are much more comfy than the oem seats were.

An do make sure the arrow on the seat base is pointing to the front of the new seat base
    GO BIG ORANGE !

I meant to behave, but there were just way too many other options available at the time.

Post Thanks / Like

I bought a used boat awhile back and this is what the previous owner had done for his partner that fished from the back. There is a stack-up of washers between the bottom of the seat and the seat base. This would work both ways making the seat lean more forward or rearward. I have not encountered any issues with this modification.

Name:  100_0336.jpg
Views: 3196
Size:  33.9 KBName:  100_0337.jpg
Views: 3062
Size:  31.6 KB