Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Lily Pond and Leeman Slough

Post Thanks / Like

Default Lily Pond and Leeman Slough

I got on the water at 6:00AM and fished till around 12:30. Caught 50 or 60 over at Lily Pond, then moved to Leeman Slough and pickup up another 25. Leeman is down to only 18 to 24 inches of water, but Crappie are still there. I’m not sure if this slough goes dry during the winter or if it continues to hold water like Lily. I kept 15, tossed back everything else since my freezer is in good shape for the winter. Pink and Pearl Bobby Garlands on 1/16 oz jig heads again.

Name:  121013.jpg
Views: 399
Size:  44.1 KB

Post Thanks / Like

Nice catch and report!

Helicopter Pilot
    Vietnam 67/68
    Proud Member of the Southeast Asian War Games Team

Post Thanks / Like

ditch I caught about 125 today I guess and had around 40 keepers. They were biting when I left but I had business to do. It was a good day

Post Thanks / Like

The fall is wonderful time to be a Crappie angler!!

Post Thanks / Like

Nice Job Ditch. That was me and my daughter in the canoe today...by the way nice bass we saw you catch and release....don't mention it to anyone I might try to slide back out there bass fishing later. We did not do any good fishing but we did have a good time.... she saw a red squirrel and 3 deer. I had us fixed up some homemade rod holders for the canoe but they did not work as good as I had hoped. They may work ok if I upgrade to rods and reels rather than just the fiberglass poles we used today, we had trouble getting the jigs at the right depth....Tight Lines....Flintcreek

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for sharin' the pics. Good catch.
    "Proud Member of Team Geezer"

Post Thanks / Like

guess that was worth the trip. Good day.
    GO BIG ORANGE !

I meant to behave, but there were just way too many other options available at the time.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by flintcreek View Post
    Nice Job Ditch. That was me and my daughter in the canoe today...by the way nice bass we saw you catch and release....don't mention it to anyone I might try to slide back out there bass fishing later. We did not do any good fishing but we did have a good time.... she saw a red squirrel and 3 deer. I had us fixed up some homemade rod holders for the canoe but they did not work as good as I had hoped. They may work ok if I upgrade to rods and reels rather than just the fiberglass poles we used today, we had trouble getting the jigs at the right depth....Tight Lines....Flintcreek
    let me appologize flintcreek, i was in the olive green yak cussing a gar when you and your child came right by me. i had no idea anyone was that close and hope she didnt hear my profanities. that is something i need to do better with.(the gar and the potty mouth). i brought home 21 some were 13". i used 6 rods (2 were poles with no reels and had corks to control jig depth) i used a sharpie to make the line blue from 12" to 18" so i can see how far down im fishing. that gets hard to see so i am going to try a very small swivel tied 18" up the next trip.

Post Thanks / Like

Jamup and I have added cork stoppers (they are red) to our line for depth finders. That way you can move them to different depths and not have a permanent mark on your line. Just a suggestion...

Post Thanks / Like

Alexava,
    No apologies necessary, I don't believe either of us heard a word.....I believe my daughter drowned you out, she likes to talk and did not hardly stop the whole time we were out fishing, ....She had been quiet for some time while she was watching the 3 deer on the west end of the slough not long before we saw you. Glad to hear some one caught some fish....we had a couple of bites, but did not put anything in the boat...but she had a good time. We may have to go with corks next time.