Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Once Again

skeetbum is offline Crappie.com Legend - Moderator Jig Tying Forum * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Once Again

I was coming home today with a few in the well and thought of this to post. " Things That Make Me Smile". Once again it is my favorite time of year and I just get to feeling good and all this comes to mind.
    Leaves of gold, red, brown blowing around in the after wind from the boat,
    cold mornings that make you thankful when the sun shows it's face,
    fish that thump that much harder than they did just a few weeks back,
    water temps in the 60's that make the fish go lookin for the buffet,
    seeing several friends on the water with the same stupid grin you're wearing cuz they like it too,
    seeing the wildlife more cuz the corn has been cut and the girls are getting ready for the fall dance,
    sunrises and sets that just get better from the angle of the sun,
    pumpkins and scarecrows and gourds and the fall decorations,
    and I'm sure that y'all will chime in with some of your own. I just seem to appreciate the smaller things this time of year always brings. Roses aren't the only thing worth slowing down a little for. Tight lines y'all, and I hope everyone is enjoying fall as much as I am.
    Creativity is just intelligence fooling around

Post Thanks / Like

The smell of fall, all those little things that add up to knowing fall is here without looking.
    The smell of woodsmoke first thing in the morning when I step outside to head to work.

shipahoy41 is offline Crappie.com Legend - 2022 Crappie.com Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

I enjoy just waking up every morning. A blue sky, small breeze and looking at a lake always makes my day. It becomes even better if you are fishing it.
    Aquatic Species Removal Engineer.
    May God be with you. Keep CALM and STAY ANCHORED with your faith.

Post Thanks / Like

Being thankful to be able to enjoy all of the above.And HE who made it all possible.
    "Proud Member of Team Geezer"

Post Thanks / Like

Well put! I love this time of year.

Post Thanks / Like

I like the fact that I usually have the water to myself this time of year.

Post Thanks / Like

The tranquility of drifting through a cool crisp morning on a calm lake watching bald eagles soaring overhead. And then, a solid thump on the line, a good fight till a big crappie breaks the surface.

Post Thanks / Like

It always seems our words come up short. But when fall get here, and we are out on the lake or up in a tree, our hearts are full. In my twenties, the older guys used to call us young bucks. We understood but what we didn't understand was when we got to "trophy status" (a nice way to put it) we still get some of those same urges as we did back then. We just don't act foolish on everything. Let's hope the next 4-6 weeks gives us some great memories about our favorite time of year.

Post Thanks / Like

Well said Skeetbum.

Was out on the water for about 4-5 hours yesterday, was foggy at the start but burned off quickly. Water was smooth as glass for most of the day, very few clouds and sunny, warm enough where a sweatshirt was all that was needed, and some sunglasses. Was
    definatly a good day to be outside, doing anything would be good. the fishing was not good for me, but it was a wonderful day to be on the water, not much boat traffic, did see one waverunner but he was idling by, no issues. I was thankful for the sunny day, even tho the fishing was no so wonderful. I was able to enjoy it all.
    GO BIG ORANGE !

I meant to behave, but there were just way too many other options available at the time.

Post Thanks / Like

What tells me and gets me thinking of past years is the migrations of different types of wildlife we have on the Mississippi River up here. From the big mud cat run that starts it off in early Sept. and leads into a channel cat movement in mid Oct. to their wintering holes. We have very steep bluffs on the Iowa hill side along the river and if you wanted to take the time you can see everything from Monarch butterflies,hawks and eagles heading south on its up drafts. The leaves turning every color that you can think of on those bluffs are unreal to the eyes. The waterfowl migration is also a big event as we have the Fed. Refuge system on the river and we have about every duck there is except sea ducks with a few thousand Trumpetor on the river at any given time.