Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Lowe Stinger 175

Post Thanks / Like

Default Lowe Stinger 175

I'm thinking about getting rid of my 1995 Tracker Pro 17 and getting this Lowe thats designed more for crappie fishing but keeps bass fishing in mind. I have to get a 25hp as several of the lakes in my area have a 25 hp limit. Nothing wrong with the Tracker, its just been used hard and I'm looking for a little piece of mind each time I go. Any thoughts? Oh yea, the Lowe has an 85" beam with 3 pedestal seat bases up front so you can fish 1 or 2 up front and a 3rd in back.

frank lawhead is offline RIP Frank - Crystal is now posting on his behalf.
    Post Thanks / Like

BOUGHT A LOWE 170WV LAST YEAR--THE THREE SEAT BASES ARE NICE
    HAVE NEVER HAD A MINUTES TROUBLE WITH THE BOAT.LIKE IT REAL WELL
    DON,T SEE WHY KEEPING THE 25 HP. WOULD,NT BE A GOOD IDEAL
    PROUD MEMBER OF TEAM GEEZER

Post Thanks / Like

You will be SO HAPPY!!! I own a 2006 Lowe Stinger 160 with a 50HP Mercury EFI Four-stroke. The boats are beautiful - more deck storage than anything in their class, all aluminum construction (NO WOOD), etc. You won't appreciate the hull strakes with a 25hp, but the rascal holds the water even in a super tight turn with my 50hp! My boat has a 23 gallon livewell with integrated removable baitwell (biggest livewell among 16' competitors = 15 gallon w no baitwell). The 175 has two of these giant livewells! I have touched and smelled the 175 but I wanted the 160 due to garage constraints. If you have any questions, PM me.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Boats

It sounds like Lowe makes a good boat. You need to be careful if you are thinking about buying a Polar Kraft. I have one and I have major problems with it. As a matter of fact I posted a thread on Off Topic Forum about my problem. Good luck on finding the boat that you like.

Donald Barnes

Post Thanks / Like

Lowe is a good jon boat company.

Post Thanks / Like

Only problem is the three seats are too far from the bow making it tough to reach things. Big boat for a twenty five. OMHO..
    Last edited by PieEye; 06-26-2006 at 03:53 AM.
    PieEye
    "You can't fish with a landing net in both hands, you need one hand to put something back !

Post Thanks / Like

I bought my Stinger 175 in January of this year. It has the 4 stroke 60 Mercury and I paid about 13K. It has been a pretty nice boat but I do wish I would have waited until he had a 75 hp to put on the boat.

I just mounted my 16 ft Stiffy push pole this weekend. I had a heck of a time finding mounts for the narrow gunwale.

All in all its a pretty good boat.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by saluki
    I'm thinking about getting rid of my 1995 Tracker Pro 17 and getting this Lowe thats designed more for crappie fishing but keeps bass fishing in mind. I have to get a 25hp as several of the lakes in my area have a 25 hp limit. Nothing wrong with the Tracker, its just been used hard and I'm looking for a little piece of mind each time I go. Any thoughts? Oh yea, the Lowe has an 85" beam with 3 pedestal seat bases up front so you can fish 1 or 2 up front and a 3rd in back.
    Want one too! I love the set up.
    NEED MORE COWBELL!!
    JD

Post Thanks / Like

I had a 180 stinger, and split the hull open in 2' waves. I dont feel that I was pushing or abusing the boat when it happened. Almost didnt get it on the trailer. Lowe did fix it for free, but I had to bring the boat to them or pay to get the dealer to deliver it. Lucky I am only a hour and half away from the plant. I also thought the trailer could have been a little better. The axle was not strong enough, causing it to bow and it allowed the inside of the tires to wear. I didnt care for the boxes would of been watertight because every time it rained they would get water in them. I did like the back livewell with the minnow bucket. I thought it was a good boat but could use some improvements.
    Ted
    Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night will keep me from crappie fishing!
    2010 Lake of the Ozarks Super Slab Champion

Post Thanks / Like

Default ?

Thanks Ted and the rest, the problem I have now is I've been told the 25hp wont get the 175 on plane? Anything larger than a 25 takes 2 good close lakes (Coffeen and Sangchris) out of the picture. They are both less than an hour away. Any other suggestions for a boat with a wide deck that a 25 hp goes well with? Thanks

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast