Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Monday and Tuesday

Post Thanks / Like

Default Monday and Tuesday

Hoping to get out for some more fishing next week, Monday and Tuesday look like great days, not much wind, temps will be seasonable. We'll see how that turns out.

Few folks are wanting another mild and snow-less winter. I'm not much of a fan for ice fishing, but i would like to see a cold and snowy winter. I can do without the snow, if we have a rainy spring. Lots of moisture to ease this drought and get the water levels high again would be awesome for fishing. Also a prolonged ice-over would be great, not like what we had last winter.

Post Thanks / Like

Either freeze over thick, or stay wide open. Man's gotta fish
    All lakes raise a foot when I step in the boat

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by crappiedoc View Post
    Either freeze over thick, or stay wide open. Man's gotta fish
    EB
    DO-GOODER EXTRADINAR :p

Post Thanks / Like

Well i hope it freezes thick and stays frozen. From what i heard from other guys fishing, lack of ice or should i say inconsistent ice may have led to an on and off spring bite. I know fishing was pretty good beginning in March and then about mid April till June it just turned off.

I only got to use my new waders once this year.

I had stopped out to Offutt Lake later on this evening after i took the minnows and chub minnows. Stocked 2 minnows in a small cup and shot out to there to test a few areas just to see which lake i want to go to tomorrow morning. I started driving to the south, but something told me to head to the north where the archery range is and try there. I wanted to try a crankbait, but i hooked up a slip bobber with a minnow to just waste time. After no luck on the crankbait, i noticed the bobber had come in some (moving towards the north). With a north wind, it would have moved away from me, not towards me. Realized i had something on there and it never took the bobber underwater (clearly i had it set too low). Line must've been frayed because it snapped as the fish fought back. Only lost the hook, so i moved everything further up the line and put another hook and minnow on. This time i paid more attention to it and noticed as soon as the bobber hit the water, it was moving up and down, but didn't go completely under until after a few seconds. It was a little bit hard to see with it so late in the evening, but the line snapped again. I did get somewhat of a glance at the fish. Looked like it might've been a crappie, 10" maybe.

Heard some folks had good luck over in that spot this summer with the crappie at times. Bass like to hang out over there as well. I may try that spot in the morning and hopefully the crappie are still there.
    Last edited by ChrisCarter; 10-14-2012 at 10:26 PM.