Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Eagle Claw Rods?

Post Thanks / Like

Default Eagle Claw Rods?

I'm interested in the Eagle Claw Feather Light and Power Light rods. I'm looking at the 6' UL Feather Light and the 6' ML Power Light. Does anybody have any experience with these rods? My concern is that they're too flimsy and whippy. Based on the specs of the medium-light, it seems more like a light. I don't want a rod that flops all over the place just from walking with it in my hand lol.

Also, could these handle the occasional hungry bass?

Post Thanks / Like

I have a EC 5 or 5'6" UL for shooting docks, and its pretty whippy. Don't really care for all that much but its fun when you get one on, rod goes double and makes you think ya got a big one.
    GO BIG ORANGE !

I meant to behave, but there were just way too many other options available at the time.

Post Thanks / Like

I own 6 ---4 ultra- lights and 2 mediums---- I longline only with them don't use them for casting.... they are real soft actions... don't think there is any graphite in them but not sure what there made of and handles are a little less than well built to. But they work good for longlining out the back.
    If you don't get hung every-once-n-a-while you ain't jigg'n it right..:D
    Member of:
    South Carolina Crappie Association TX. Trail
    Vexan Pro-staff Member

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by The Brim Reaper View Post
    I'm interested in the Eagle Claw Feather Light and Power Light rods. I'm looking at the 6' UL Feather Light and the 6' ML Power Light. Does anybody have any experience with these rods? My concern is that they're too flimsy and whippy.
    The Feather Light is very soft and "whippy".

Also, could these handle the occasional hungry bass?
    Absolutely.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jimp View Post
    I have a EC 5 or 5'6" UL for shooting docks, and its pretty whippy. Don't really care for all that much but its fun when you get one on, rod goes double and makes you think ya got a big one.
    That's why I'm interested in a L or UL. I've never fished with one, but it looks really fun. Both of my rods are ML.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by stumpjumper View Post
    I own 6 ---4 ultra- lights and 2 mediums---- I longline only with them don't use them for casting.... they are real soft actions... don't think there is any graphite in them but not sure what there made of and handles are a little less than well built to. But they work good for longlining out the back.
    I believe they're made of fiberglass. How durable is that compared to graphite?

Post Thanks / Like

I believe they're made of fiberglass. How durable is that compared to graphite?
    They are fiberglass which is more durable than graphite. I'd still prefer a good graphite rod, though. There are loads of good UL and L graphite rods on the market. Just pick one that fits your budget.

Post Thanks / Like

I've had a 6 ft'er and a 14 ft'er for about 10 years, and I have only had replace a couple of guide on the 14 ft pole. They don't have a lot of back bone, but I have pulled in 4 and 5 lb greenies in the spring flipping brush. Also straightened a lot of jigs on fish that didn't get to the boat. I've got better poles, but for the $$$'s they are not too bad

Post Thanks / Like

I have two powerlights, actually "had". I didn't care for them for my own rod snobby reasons. The Power light is not whippy at all, and will work fine for what your looking for.
    HAND TIED CRAPPIE JIGS CRAPPIECOLLECTORS JIGS

https://www.etsy.com/shop/CRAPPIECOL...g_id=515350944

Post Thanks / Like

One of my favorite crappie rods is the 9' Eagle Claw Granger IM 7 GNG 500. Its plenty light to use alot and it's relatively inexpensive too. I bought it at a local tackle store about 2.5 years ago, and it works real well for vertical jigging and slow trolling, which I do quite a bit of. Nobody local carries any EC rods anymore, but I sure do like the one I have.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast