Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: bobber stops

Post Thanks / Like

Default bobber stops

Can someone tell me how to get the dog-on bobber stop to stay put on the line?

Almost each time I put one of these on it will end up coming un-done or just slip on the line.

Tks
    Hoot
    "You should have been here yesterday!"

Post Thanks / Like

I use - Gizmo Bobber Stops - and they stay snug for months at a time using them just about every day.
    FISH ON!
    Jerry Blake

www.BLAKETOURS.com

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Jerry Blake
    I use - Gizmo Bobber Stops - and they stay snug for months at a time using them just about every day.
    Thanks! I'll give them a try. Feel like an idiot fussing with a bobber stop.

Post Thanks / Like

Did you get the link to work? Bobber stops are about the most important thing on a slip-float set up. If you're not fishing the right depth nothing else matters.
    FISH ON!
    Jerry Blake

www.BLAKETOURS.com

Post Thanks / Like

I get them locally but pay a lot more for them. Fifty is an awful lot of them - I probably only use 25 or so a year because they hold up so well.
    FISH ON!
    Jerry Blake

www.BLAKETOURS.com

Post Thanks / Like

Default bobber stops

Quote Originally Posted by Jerry Blake
    I get them locally but pay a lot more for them. Fifty is an awful lot of them - I probably only use 25 or so a year because they hold up so well.
    I did click on and got Cabela's. I'll see if I can find these locally, if not maybe I'll order with some other stuff I've been wanting.

In any case I'm tired of fooling with the line & tube things. I'm not smart enough to get em to work I'm afraid.

Thanks for your advice!

Hoot

Post Thanks / Like

Jerry, just looked at your site too. Nice. Maybe we will make down to your neck of the woods one day for some fishing.

How's the fishing down there now?

Post Thanks / Like

Default Bobber stops

Quote Originally Posted by Hoot
    Thanks! I'll give them a try. Feel like an idiot fussing with a bobber stop.
    They look similar to some I bought locally a few years back and haven't been able to find them since. Are they so dang tiny you can hardly see them? If so, that's the one's I want. They are so much better than those nail knot one's! Thanks for supplying the link!

papasage is offline Crappie.com 2011 Man of the Year & Moderator GA * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

i like the string on the little tube . i git them at wal-mart . a frind of mine ties his on a drinking straw . that seames like to much trouble . i pull mine tight and when i cut them i leave a little tag end so i can retighten them . i have used the gizzmo i had probablems seeing the little holes with bifockles at night . the string on a tube worked the best . i used a rubber band at one time . and there was another that was a small spring type it didnt work to good .
    retired and now i will always fish

PGottshall Guest

Papasage,

I use the strings too. I like them as they'll reel right into my spinning reel with no problem.

You're right - leave a little tag-end to pull on & be sure to wet them down before tightening.

Paul

Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast