Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: my theory on the night fishin..

Post Thanks / Like

Default my theory on the night fishin..

and just a thought that proved effective last night... first off the going to the docks (marina) where there is abundant light, didn't work.. same depth i caught some many at but with all the light just to much bait spread out, so the fish where spread out. this was a suggestion by someone who i know kills them there...

try you favorite fall spot, brush piles which may be almost visible due to lower lake levels during the draw down. they are now 8 or so feet deeper with summer pools.. my pile was hard to find in the dark and the banks look different at summer pool. i really don't know if we were right over it but we did have a couple snags and had to be real close, probaly even better not be right over it.. also it was dark, pitch dark. when we turned the light on, one floating head light style, it lit a glow around the boat 10 feet in all directions.. bait fish instantly, like the marina but here it drew the small the medium and the larger bait fish, the marina just seem to be the tinny bait fish.. i would say they were spread all over the place at the marina.. over brush we were marking 20-25 feet on the old hummingbird, no gadgets on this ship, no water temp either, probaly 40 feet from a sloping bank.. i would say an isolated dock with lights and 20 feet of water would be productive too. i am going to stay away from large lit areas, and i have done well in creek channels at night but this was amazing.. went through nearly 10 dozen minnows in 4 hours, never tried artificial don't have one in the boat..

and as far the boat goes i would trade the tracker style flat 16 and half with the 40 merc today for a nice pontoon boat.. that would be stylin for any of my crappie fishin and comfort times 10

Post Thanks / Like

go with the deckboat, that is even more stylish for crappie...

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by HurricaneJM
    go with the deckboat, that is even more stylish for crappie...
    And they plane out too!