Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Talk about mods

Post Thanks / Like

Default Talk about mods

Bookmarked this a while back but forgot to post it, thought you guys would like seeing it.

The Ultimate Stealth-14 - All Kayak Fishing Forums
    Apple Pie ProStaff

Post Thanks / Like

Doesn't really look much like a kayak after all those modifications. And is a kayak really a kayak when you add a motor? I don't know, call me old school maybe but it just doesn't seem like a kayak anymore when all those modifications have been added. Heck, why not just have a boat. But hey, if that's what the person wants then good for them. To each his own.
    It is not about the equipment you have to use,
    It is about how you use the equipment you have. :D

Post Thanks / Like

I fish (if you call it that!) out of a kayak. The idea, IMO, of the kayak is to keep it simple. THAT is not simple. Get a regular boat and go fishing. Too much stuff in a small space.

That is no longer a Kayak, its a power boat!

Daily fishin

North Richland Hills, Texas, United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Very cool. I am impressed with all they were able to do. it is very impressive. To each their own, if this is what the guy likes to fish out of then more power to him, i think he has an amazing rig.

Post Thanks / Like

Ditto Scott, while it's not a rig I'd have use for, he's certainly got it rigged nice/maxed-out. Heck I've taken $200 Jon Boats and decked 'em out (removed seats, flat floor, carpet, rod locker, wiring, etc.), and I'm not crazy, my parents had me tested
    Apple Pie ProStaff

Post Thanks / Like

I'm sure it was fun doing the rigging and all, but I think it was more of "lets see how outrageous we can go" before we run out of $$ thing. Kinda takes the portability thing out of the yak with all the accessories he's got on it, but if it fits his style of fishing, so be it then. Wonder if he still has that yak.
    GO BIG ORANGE !

I meant to behave, but there were just way too many other options available at the time.

Post Thanks / Like

The weight alone would stop me in my tracks. But, like you said...........if you got the dough to blow, go for it.
    "Proud Member of Team Geezer"