Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Help with Rod choice

Post Thanks / Like

Default Help with Rod choice

Im setup to spider rig out of front of my boat i used bnm westpoint 12 polls all this spring with good luck but i fell like i could put more fish in the boat if i switched to the Caps and Colman graphit 12 polls being that there lighter action then the fiberglass polls i have now... when i bought everthing this past spring my bugget was low after buying new boat and holder and everthing else needed thats why i went with the westpoints ... im wanting to buy 8 new cap colman 12 polls this winter some imput would be nice on yall openion

Post Thanks / Like

I would consider longer poles if fishing in front of the boat. I also would look at the Crappie Maxx poles or new Wally Marshalls. Especially if running more weight. Capps and Coleman are not near the rod for the money. If stuck on BnMs consider PST rods, but for the money I would look at Crappie Maxx unerversal rods. They are solid graphite blanks and have alot more and better guides than BnMs.

Post Thanks / Like

i run 1/2 oz weight on main line with swivle and one 1/16 jig head on line off swivle my weight with be same as i was using befor just wanting lighter action rod im not stuck on bnm's thats just what my fishing friends use.... can u post a link for the wally marshalls and the crappie maxx ...

Post Thanks / Like

My recommendation would be the BnM Prostaff PST14. You get the extra reach for shallow fish with the 14 footers and they handle like a dream. To me the Capp and Colemans are too limp. We have fished our Prostaff's for the past 7 years and still going strong, but if you happen to break a tip you can buy them. Monks Crappie can fix you up, he has excellent prices on these, he also carries the replacement tips. These poles will take alot of abuse, believe me we have given them a working over, over the years.

Post Thanks / Like

prob get alot of diff opinions on rods..........I have 16ft C&C rods and am pleased, work great for spider rigging/pushing

-ROMANS 10:9- PHILIPPIANS 4:13

Post Thanks / Like

Go to grizzlyjig.com they have a huge selection of different manufacturers. I have tried most and will tell you to save money look at Crappie Maxx also sold at Bass Pro.

Post Thanks / Like

I use the BGJP 14ft model BnM rods and am very pleased with them. Some say they are too limber but that is what I like about them.

Cray is offline Crappie.com 2019 Man of Year, Supermod & Moderator of the Mechanics Forum * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

I fish 12 ft PST,s and love them but if I were to buy a lighter tip pole I would go to Grizzly jig and get the 12ft BJJP which has a lighter tip,good back bone and good price also they are the pole that Capps& Coleman use when they are tournament fishing.
    Proud Member of Team Geezer
    Charlie Weaver USN/ENC 1965-1979

Post Thanks / Like

Just ordered six Southern Crappie Rods. Awesome rods and cheaper than BnM.

Sent from my dad gum phone..

Post Thanks / Like

I bought 4 12ft and 2 10ft Southern Crappie rods in the spring for rigging, and I love them, I want to add two 14ft rods this winter and do away with the 10s. Great rods and Ed is great to deal with.
    Aaron

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast