Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Greeetings from Minnesota

Post Thanks / Like

Default Greeetings from Minnesota

I like to think that we're making a big geographic loop back to Virginia...somehow we ended up in Minnesota on the latest adventure. Miss you guys and the Va waters but I'm excited about the prospect of fishing the river. We were fortunate enough to buy a water front property on the headwaters of the Mississippi. Don't think there's too many crappie opportunities on it but should be plenty of smallmouth and northern pikes

Barnacle Bill is offline Super Mod and 2014 Crappie.com Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Sure looks nice.
    Fair Winds and Following Seas

Bill H. PTC USN Ret
    Chesapeake, Va

Post Thanks / Like

Let's hope your next stop is back in Virginia, if that's what you want! Looks like a very nice place, excellent view from where you took the pictures! I scanned the Mn forum and saw that you received a warm welcome to the area. May not be great crappie in the river there, but, they are definitely there and catch-able with a little studying! I read the remarks about ice fishing, when we were in New Mexico, a friend took me ice fishing on Blue Water Lake, we only caught a few small trout, but, I found that it was easy to keep the beer cold! Couldn't get used to the sound of the ice cracking, but, I can say that I went ice fishing! Good luck up there and keep us posted on the fishing! I have some future (probably) in-laws in the twin cities area.
    Don't outsmart your common sense!
    Jack