Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Logan Martin 10/4/12

Post Thanks / Like

Default Logan Martin 10/4/12

Put in at Rabbit Branch at 5:30 AM and trolled around piers until the soupy fog cleared enough to move with the big motor. Fished various brush piles and piers up river as far as Poor House during the course of the day. Had an average size of 11" and kept 19. All caught on jigs (BG Monkey Milk) bounced just off the top of the brush. Still no numbers like the Ice Man or Roger A but size is picking up. Still haven't located them on the piers. The Lord has put togather a string of glorious days to be on the water this week.

RogerA is offline Crappie.com Legend * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

10-6-12 Fished with the wife and fished in places we don't normally fish. Trying to find new places to fish in our tournament next Saturday. We fished from 7:00 till 12:30 and caught 15 with half being keepers. We were fishing river channel ledges spider rigging. Cannot find the quality fish we need for the tournament. Saw water temps from 74.6-78.3 Looking forward to the nice weather we have comming our way.
    Live Simply, Love Generously, Care Deeply, Speak Kindly, and Trust in our Creator who Loves us

Post Thanks / Like

I spent the last half of Thursday doing the same, looking for new spots to fish. Went and fished one of the private lakes in Carrington in Trussville this morning and couldn't buy a decent fish (bass). I should have declined the offer and got on Logan. Wound up coming home mid morning and doing the chores the boss assigned me. I am going to try and get back up to Logan Martin one day next week weather and work permitting

RogerA is offline Crappie.com Legend * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

The weather is looking good for now but I know it can change quickly. I will not be able to get back on the lake untill the tournament on Saturday. Hope you get to go and have a good time. I love fishing this time of year.
    Live Simply, Love Generously, Care Deeply, Speak Kindly, and Trust in our Creator who Loves us