PDA

View Full Version : How to deal w/ just one GPS unit

minnowtime
10-05-2012, 01:54 PM
Just got a GPS unit and mounted it at console. Need it at trolling motor when following route. Need input on how to have my cake and eat it to. Thanks

SeaRay
10-05-2012, 02:03 PM
You will have to spend a little money but the easiest way would be to buy a second mounting bracket and transducer and install up front at your TM. Then you could move your DF back and forth as needed. It is possible you could find a used one on Ebay, long shot but only other way is to have 2 DFs.
If your DF is visible from the TM you can always swivel it so you can see it from the front, but that will give you a crick in your neck.
SeaRay

jimp
10-05-2012, 02:52 PM
Just to add to SeaRay's comment, just sit sideways up front and you can see the FF on the console and still steer the boat. Consider using a RAM mount which would allow you to swivel the HU around with ease for little money.

crappielimits
10-05-2012, 06:46 PM
Just to add to SeaRay's comment, just sit sideways up front and you can see the FF on the console and still steer the boat. Consider using a RAM mount which would allow you to swivel the HU around with ease for little money.
x2

minnowtime
10-08-2012, 02:46 PM
I took out the original screws and put in 2" screws and ground the head off leavening 1 1/2" sticking out, did the same upfront. So I now can move the fish finder from console too trolling motor area. Hope I never drop it! I lay the unit in a secure place when travaling on highway.