Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: v.b.a.c. meeting

Post Thanks / Like

Default v.b.a.c. meeting

i went to hear Carl Herring speak at this club meeting. of course most of there members fish salt water so carls message was geared on speckle trout and a short time on crappie. i did get to meet flatwater and we talked about fishing the suffolk lakes. i wish more of crappie . com members had attended. i'm glad i went and had a chance to see and talk to carl.

Corker is offline Crappie.com 1K Star General - Sponsor
    Post Thanks / Like

Jim - If Carl's willing to do this kind of presentation for fishing organizations, why not create one with Crappie.com as the host organization? Most likely, Slab will welcome the opportunity to associate this site with one of the living legends of our sport.

Post Thanks / Like

make it a get together, get a head count, I'll bring BBQ and sauce, ya'll bring the rest

Name:  BBQ.jpg
Views: 136
Size:  67.6 KB
    The Mountain Man
    "ooo I got a bite !!!."

Post Thanks / Like

Good to meet you Jim, we have waved in passing at the lakes several times. I had the feeling that Carl wanted to spend the evening talking about crappie but he cut it a bit short to delve into the secrets of Speckle trout fishing. I did learn something for sure that I always knew I just never acted on it very well. I did see that Gail's bait and tackle had several 20' poles by Shakespeare not sure if I could really handle that long of a pole. That was one of Carl's big tips using the longest poles possible to keep the noise down.

Mountain Man that sounds like a plan, Might I suggest Beaverdam? It is central to a lot of c.c folks and has a nice setup. Carl Loves crappie fishing and I think he loves to talk about how to do things just right. We had a good crowd at Beaverdam at the last bash there so I bet a lot of folks will attend. At the June bash?