Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: on the advice of NEWT

Post Thanks / Like

Default on the advice of NEWT

Darrell and I left fish to find fish,,,and that is never a smart idea.

Anyway got to the lake and the wind was just right for fishing Sons Creek, so up we went, went all the way to second to last cove before the highway 39 bridge, water was brown,and 3 ft deep we dipped trees,casted to the bank on lay downs, slow trolled for 3 hours, hitting everything that looked good. well it would have been more fun it the boat hada sunk,I broke a leg,darrell shot his self in the foot,and a rattle snake got in my lunch... must have been 10 boats up there and not a fish caught, heard lots of grumbling, and seen some head shakin,but no fish being caught,, worked that area hard,just could not find where they was hiding,,,, oh well another day in the books, got the smoker out, gonna cook a couple briskets today,and till the neighbors garden spot and rest up... back on the water next week, brother commin up from Arkansas friday. alas no fish to send home with him.... maybe next trip.....

Speck is offline MO/MS Moderator and Fishing Legend * Member Sponsor
    Post Thanks / Like

Who's leg did you break Beagle? You know, rattlesnakes pretty good if cooked right!!!! What time are the briskets coming off the smoker????
    Hope Darryl's gun shot wound heals quickly. He should be good as new by next week.

Crazy Angler Pro Staff
    Crappie Logic Pro Staff

Post Thanks / Like

Sorry you didn't find any!!Old cc area is hard to beat.I'll bet you get them next week.

Post Thanks / Like

Bad day on the h2o

Post Thanks / Like

Always enjoy your reports, Michael. You'll get em next time.

"Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty ia a well-armed lamb contesting the vote." - Benjamin Franklin.

Post Thanks / Like

You know Michael , smoked briskets are hard to beat.
    May all your live wells be full.
    Dave

Post Thanks / Like

Well, no fish, Beagle, but I'm glad nobody got hurt, no matter how interesting the story woulda been!

Post Thanks / Like

them watermelon are looking awfull good in that sink

Post Thanks / Like

That brisket oughta be a good substitute for the fish you missed. Good lookin melons...you must have sandy soil down your way.
    Crappie.......its whats for dinner!!

Post Thanks / Like

love me some mellons, filled in a small pond just out side the back door, and it produced some great mellons, sweet as candy, then my neighbor brought me one every couple weeks, and man they were great too. matter of fact,he brought me one couple days ago, late season this year,,, and the brisket came off the fire about 9 last night so I did not get to eat any, but it is always good the second day,,,, mmmmmmm,,,, but I want to catch some fish...and I will, this year has been a doozzyy for sure, but as of oct 12th it will all start to come together and all will be fine/well as it were....

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast