Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: stratos 186xt????

Post Thanks / Like

Default stratos 186xt????

Does anyone on the board have a Stratos 186xt? If so can you give me an honest review? Looks like a good boat for the price, thinking about purchasing one. Thanks for your input. Not sure if this is in the right forum but i only have a few days to decide on getting the boat and really would like some feedback.
    ,,,,,,,-------,,7777777,,,,,........99999...........www.catchcarolina.com

Post Thanks / Like

I bought a 186xt about 1-1/2 year ago. Love it. I put a 115 hp Yamaha 4 stroke on it. As you know it has a huge front deck. I put heavier wire and a 24 volt trolling motor on it. With or without a load I get about 42 to 43 mph per gps. For Crappie fishing I usually have 2 friends going with me. We shoot docks and deep water bluffs and blowdowns for fish. The boat handles well and I am very satisfied with it.

PawPaw Gene is offline Crappie.com 2012 Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

I have had it's younger sister the 176XT for over 4 years and I'm complete satisfied with it. Very nice ride and great fishing platform.
    "gene"
    "G" Gone but not forgotten!!

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks fellas, I was thinking the 186xt would do around 50mph with the 115, i have read several boat reviews and they were all around 50mph on the top end. They may have ran a different prop or are just trying to make the boat look better, who knows.
    ,,,,,,,-------,,7777777,,,,,........99999...........www.catchcarolina.com