Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Down Imaging Settings?

Post Thanks / Like

Default Down Imaging Settings?

What are some good settings to start with on a 998 DI? I can't get the DI to display as good as I believe it should. The 2D shows structure and fish that the DI dosen't pick up. Any suggestions on settings?
    CATCH A BIG-UN

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by slabbandit View Post
    What are some good settings to start with on a 998 DI? I can't get the DI to display as good as I believe it should. The 2D shows structure and fish that the DI dosen't pick up. Any suggestions on settings?
    i really dont no how to advise you but i can tell you my setup and how i use mine. i have my transducer mounted just behind my step on triton bass boat using it only with the outboard running i run my unit with the noise filter off.....i use only 200khz 2d.....(thats the narrow beam)i think 25 degree angle........the di......i use the wide setting and just adjust the sensitivity to the bottom hardness and try to keep contrast very low .chart speed will affect whats on the screen,but i just run mine on telpedhe default setting of 5.... i use mainly 455khz ..... it seems to work the best, but the 800khz is useful also. i have both a 597hd/di with the dedicated down looking crystal and the 998 hd/si/di that has the di comming from the two si crystals that ive been comparing and so far im liking the 998 di better. i hope that ive helped you some. good luck

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks Kosmo, That's very helpful. I think I need to check the noise filter, I may have it on, And I wasn't sure which frequency or beam would work the best. All I know is that my SI and 2D showed well but the DI was lacking. Will try to post some snapshots this weekend or early next week and we'll see what they look like. Thanks for the advice.

Dave
    CATCH A BIG-UN

Post Thanks / Like

I'd be interested in this as well, I have the 570DI and sure can't get images like you see on the humminbird website

Post Thanks / Like

X2. I have the 596DI myself and I don't get the pretty pictures that they advertise or what you see in the demo.

Post Thanks / Like

What's the diff between the 800 and 455 beam on the imaging?

Post Thanks / Like

Guys, try posting some screen snapshots of what you are seeing along with the menu settings you are using (if they are not on the default settings). It’s usually little easier to suggest menu changes if we see what you have been seeing.

The differences between 455kHz and 800kHz on the Side Imaging and Down Imaging units is the same: with the lower 455kHz frequency you are covering a wider area but at a lower sonar resolution. With the higher 800kHz frequency you are covering a narrower area but at a higher sonar resolution (better detail). The lower frequency will also work to a farther distance/water depth.
    Greg Walters at Humminbird
    [email protected]
    I help because I can

Post Thanks / Like

I went out yesterday to a lake that actually had natural cover throughout the lake (unlike the lake I normally fish in) and what do ya' know, I saw pretty pictures on my 596DI. Man did they look nice. Looked just like you see in the adds and the demo. I had reset the everything back to factory settings a little while ago and things looked great.

rnvinc is offline Crappie.com 2016 Man of the Year * Member Sponsor
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by kschupp View Post
    I went out yesterday to a lake that actually had natural cover throughout the lake (unlike the lake I normally fish in) and what do ya' know, I saw pretty pictures on my 596DI. Man did they look nice. Looked just like you see in the adds and the demo. I had reset the everything back to factory settings a little while ago and things looked great.
    I realize the 596 HD DI doesn't have card slots for capturing screenshots..but pix taken (with a camera or phone) of the screen at the right angle can still give favorable results when posting to the forum...

We would enjoy seeing your results of images you are seeing on your screen...

Rickie
    www.podunkideas.com <--Click here
    ------------—————
    https://www.crappie-gills-n-more.com/
    https://cornfieldfishinggear.com/

------------------------>> Pro Staff Sonar Advisor

Post Thanks / Like

i new that i had seen this thread somewere. heres a picture using the 597hd/di. same thing as the 596 just has the sd card slot
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast