Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Yearly campsites

Post Thanks / Like

Default Yearly campsites

We are thinking of renting a campsite on a yearly basis on lake hartwell.
    Anyone here have one of these arrangements? How do you like it?
    We arent going to live there just for 3 day weekends ect.

Post Thanks / Like

I dont have one or know of anyone that does. When i was younger my grandparents had one and my mom did when i was a teen. My grandparents had a shasta camper left set up all the time, screen porch out front, shed in back for storage and the boat was always there and gased up. We would go to the drag races fri night and stay at the campsite, get up sat and go fishin, swimming or just hang out. Alot of the time other family members would join us on sat for the rest of the weekend. LOTS of great memories from there.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DavidD
    We are thinking of renting a campsite on a yearly basis on lake hartwell.
    Anyone here have one of these arrangements? How do you like it?
    We arent going to live there just for 3 day weekends ect.
    What is the cost for a yearly camp site. Is it for campers or tents? Never heard of them before.
    Duane

My ex-wife calls me a CrappieHead
    divorced and no one to answer to, lets go fishing

Post Thanks / Like

We had one at a campground in Salter Path, NC near Emerald Isle on the sound side of the coast - had it from 1988 till last year - they sold the campground and condos are now going up - this was a small family owned operation - in 1988 the rent was $1200 for the year - last year it was $2000 before it closed down - this one was great but every situation will be different - everybodies needs and wants are different as well - just make sure they offer what you are wanting - and do not expect more than what they put in writing - if it is a large company more than likely you will not receive alot of personal treatment like a family owned operation
    with my mind on crappie and crappie on my mind -
    and if ya'll see Goober later tellem I said duh huh - he'll know what ya mean!!!!!!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by sccamper
    I dont have one or know of anyone that does. When i was younger my grandparents had one and my mom did when i was a teen. My grandparents had a shasta camper left set up all the time, screen porch out front, shed in back for storage and the boat was always there and gased up. We would go to the drag races fri night and stay at the campsite, get up sat and go fishin, swimming or just hang out. Alot of the time other family members would join us on sat for the rest of the weekend. LOTS of great memories from there.
    Was this site on hartwell? Which campground was it? This is 2400.00 a yr plus power. There is a waiting list hopefully we can get in the end of august.Now i need to find a toon boat.

Post Thanks / Like

Sorry david, it was on the mississippi river in Ill.