Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 21 123411 ... LastLast

Thread: CROSBY SLED Boat Restoration project by Shipahoy 41

shipahoy41 is offline Crappie.com Legend - 2022 Crappie.com Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Default CROSBY SLED Boat Restoration project by Shipahoy 41

October 1, 2012

Thanks to all of you for your many kind words and thoughts. I appreciate all of my crappie.com friends. This is my boat "The Legacy" why did I choose that name? First of all I bought it at an estate sale. Second, one of my children will probably inherit it. Finally I had no earthly idea of what the name would be until I started writing this thread. Seems as if God just spoke into my mind and said it is to be called "The Legacy." Anyway, that's my story and I am sticking to it.

The boat was sitting in the estate sale, and it was obvious it had not been on the water since 1999. That was the last time it was registered. The previous owner had been placed in a nursing home for the past 12 years by his children. It was just sitting out there on the lawn. The owner said it had been garaged for over 10 years. The first thing I noticed was the boat had a lot of character. I had my mind set on another boat in Morris Alabama. I had been talking to the owner (Keith) for about a week and had set a firm date of Monday to go up and purchase the boat. He emailed me on Sunday night and said the boat was no longer available. I was devastated. Anyway, Monday afternoon my pastor said he had seen an ad for an estate sale and they had a boat included. It was raining cats and dogs Monday so we said we would look at it Tuesday. Well, the sky was overcast on Tuesday so I went up and saw this.

I could see that is was fiberglass with a brown and yellow color scheme. I love earth tones especially brown. The key ignition is mounted on the left side to the right of the steering wheel. The steering wheel was mounted on the left side, and the throttles were mounted on the right side. It has a 25 hp Johnson motor on it. It has two 360 degree swivel seats in it and there is a tray on each side of the gunnel where you can put things like pliers or bait bags while you fish. It also had an old flasher unit on it. I purchased the boat, motor and trailer for a total of $600.00 and wrote him out a check on the spot. I hooked the boat to my truck and began to tow it to a marina I trust. I stopped bu my pastor's house and dropped him off first.

October 3, 2012

The boat is at Alabama Marina. They are installing a depth finder, used trolling motor, and tuning the engine. Yes, I asked them to remove the flasher unit because I am not that great in operating or understanding one. I am giving it to olduckhunter. He is a special friend of mine. I also encourage everyone to keep him in your prayers. When it comes back in about two weeks I will begin the clean up process with a lot of bleach, soap and water. Slab is sending some c.com decals so I can represent the website wherever I travel.
    Aquatic Species Removal Engineer.
    May God be with you. Keep CALM and STAY ANCHORED with your faith.

Etowah, Tn. foothills to the Smokey Mountains
    Post Thanks / Like

How cool and I love the brown. It looks like mahogany. Glad u got a ride and get out there and put a hurt on them Crappie!

Post Thanks / Like

I'm ready for the pics of all the fish you catch off that boat!!!!!!

Helicopter Pilot
    Vietnam 67/68
    Proud Member of the Southeast Asian War Games Team

Post Thanks / Like

Congrats on finding a boat you'll enjoy. looks like a keeper
    GO BIG ORANGE !

I meant to behave, but there were just way too many other options available at the time.

Post Thanks / Like

Wish I was closer I'd wanna go for a ride!

Dan

kycreek is online now Crappie.com Legend * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

We need pics. Before & after. Good luck!

STUMP HUNTER is offline Super Moderator * Crappie.com Supporter * Member Sponsor
    Post Thanks / Like

Ship, congrats on you new boat. It looks awesome and I know you will have many great fishing trips using it. Looks like it was taken care of and I know you will have it in top form. Congrats
    PROUD MEMBER OF TEAM GEEZER ---------
    Ascend 133X 13' - MotorGuide Xi3 & Mercury 4

Post Thanks / Like

awesome , congrats

Post Thanks / Like

The main thing is that you get to put a lot of crappie in it. I am sure you will fix up what needs it and have a nice rig! Go get them crappie now!

I am really happy for you and as I know you deserve it big time!
    Skip

Peak Vise Dealer
    Tying Materials, Chenille and Hackle
    For Pictures of my Crystal, Nylon/Rayon or
    New Age Chenille Please PM Me! Also I
    have the Saltwater Neck Hackle and some
    colors of Marabou plus other things!

Post Thanks / Like

Nice find. GET THAT FLASHER BACK ON . At least a newer one. Best keep secret going is using the flasher to find um and then jig um up.

What do you see in the background?

Page 1 of 21 123411 ... LastLast