Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Today, I couldn't even buy a Crappie.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Today, I couldn't even buy a Crappie.

I was on the lake at 8am..fished until 11:30 then called it quits. Nothing, not a dang thing.
    I tried all different colors + Crappie Nibbles. I tried casting with one jig. I tried very slow movement using two jigs of different colors..Nothing....I tried all different depths..Nothing
    QUESTION...do you guys think that the unusual high pressure that is currently covering the west could be why the fish didn't bite. Today, right now at 4pm it's 100 degrees, brite sunny skys..the weatherman said it is 15 degrees above the normal temp for this date..
    QUESTION...do you guys think the weather affects the fishing much..this is the first time I have gone to this lake and never even got one fish..I think the worst I ever did before was 2 crappies...

I am a very dissappointed old guy....

Harry

NIMROD is offline Crappie.com Legend - Kids Corner Moderator
    Post Thanks / Like

Try fishing deeper close to the bottom very tight to structure.
    Moderator of Beginners n Mentoring forum
    Takeum Jigs

Post Thanks / Like

Sounds like they were suspended off a different structure than you were fishing is all. Happens like that sometimes.
    "A voyage in search of knowledge need never abandon the spirit of adventure."

Post Thanks / Like

Glad to see I am not the only one having trouble with weather. Yes I believe the weather has something to do with it. Sometimes they dont bite when you have a weather change. Happened to me last weekend and the time before that to. Cant always pick the days I want to go out on. Got to deal with what you got.

Post Thanks / Like

Post Thanks / Like

High pressure fronts and other weather conditions absolutely affect fish. Like others have already said fish deep and tight to structure, expect the bites to be light and less frequent.
    The two best times to fish (when it's raining & when it aint). Proud member of team GitDaFeeshGrease

Post Thanks / Like

Try using Minnows under a bobber when a front comes through. EB
    DO-GOODER EXTRADINAR :p

Post Thanks / Like

Weather has a lot to do with not only fish location, but also their mood and willingness to bite. I would suggest getting into your electronics a little more. The days that I can't catch fish are my favorite. It forces me to go out and try something new and learn something. Keep a journal too. Date: Air Temp: Water Temp: Cloud Cover: Baro Pressure: water clarity so forth This will pay off greatly in the future.

Post Thanks / Like

X2

Dan

Quote Originally Posted by Dave and Lynn View Post
    Glad to see I am not the only one having trouble with weather. Yes I believe the weather has something to do with it. Sometimes they dont bite when you have a weather change. Happened to me last weekend and the time before that to. Cant always pick the days I want to go out on. Got to deal with what you got.

Post Thanks / Like

Weather has a big factor. Like speed of presentation, color they are wanting. And mostly the depth.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast