Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Value of Used 9.9 Johnson

Post Thanks / Like

Default Value of Used 9.9 Johnson

I have a used 1967 Johnson 9.9 Seahorse, 2 cycle that I would like to sell but do not know what a fair value would be on this used motor. It is manual start and starts on ist or 2nd pull. It is in excellent shape (with original owners manual) I just had it serviced last year. Any help would be appreciated.

Post Thanks / Like

Just a guess here, but proubly 5-7 hundred.
    The Crappie are always biting better yesterday - I'm always a day late.

Post Thanks / Like

I was thinking more like $250 to $350. I bought a 1990 Yamaha 4 stroke 9.9 two years ago for $650.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Shellback
    I was thinking more like $250 to $350.
    I would agree with that

Post Thanks / Like

Around here, we see something comparable listed under $500. We have a number of lakes with ten horse limits, so theer's more of a demand. - Roberta
    "Anglers are born honest,
    but they get over it." - Ed Zern

Post Thanks / Like

I will give you $100.00 for it and give you $50.00 to bring it by my house. It has to run in perfect condition though, or you only get $50.00 for the motor and $25.00 for bringing it here.

Deal?

Alright it's settled then, it's a deal.
    Let Em' Land!

Post Thanks / Like

$300 max...I mean it is almost 40 years old...Not an offer, just my opinion...

papasage is online now Crappie.com 2011 Man of the Year & Moderator GA * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

post it here and some one might could tell you . as long as it is in good shape the age want matter . i am old and worth more than i was when i was new :D http://www.themarinedoctor.com/cgi-bin/YaBB.pl
    a lockle sale would be best as the shipping will eat up any profit . like other post about 10 hp. limit lakes . if you haVE ANY IN YOUR AERA THAT WOULD MAKE THE DEMAND MORE . the price would be more . some big boats have a kicker motor on them to. like sale boats . run a add in a lockle paper for what you want and see if iy will sell . you can alwayes come down and most will try .
    Last edited by papasage; 06-22-2006 at 12:52 AM.
    retired and now i will always fish

Post Thanks / Like

That may be worth a good bit more to a collector. Sounds like it's in really good shape. Troll the iboats.com forum to see what you can find out.
    John 21:3
    Simon Peter said to them, "I am going fishing." They said to him, "We are going with you also." They went out and immediately got into the boat, and that night they caught nothing.

And we act like this Nightstalking thing is new.

For some excitment, read the next verse. A special guest arrived, they filled their coolers and had a fish fry on the beach...in the morning. My kind of people.- Bowfin

Post Thanks / Like

I've sold a few9,5's and 9.9's on E-bay. You'll be amazed at what people will pay. The nice thing about selling them there is you get your money back on shipping if you write it up that way. The cheapest way I've found to ship them is FedEx believe it or not.
    Mike

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast