Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Tough fishing on Pomme this evening

Post Thanks / Like

Default Tough fishing on Pomme this evening

Been a few weeks since I'd been out, so thought we should sink a few beds and try our luck for a few hours even with the Northeasterly wind. First thing I notice was all sorts of algea, moss and junk floating on the surface of the lake. Guess Pomme is turning over right now, fishing was very tough. We managed to bring home 9 fish for 2.5 hours fishing. Most fish we caught were right on the bottom in 6 to 10 fow around stumps. Did drag a few out a nearby bed, but you just about had to hit them in the mouth to get them to bite.

Steve

Jigging15 is offline Moderator MO OT and MO Tournaments * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Sounds like what Truman had been for a while. Seemed like you had to drop it on there head and hold it there to get a bite. It sure has changed up here after it settled down. Hopefully it will get good for you all down there also. Guess if you got some beds dropped it was still a productive trip.

Post Thanks / Like

glad you scratched up a few,not to bad for a couple of hours of fishing

Post Thanks / Like

I'd say you did good .......
    The wife and I hit Bolivar landing a few days ago for a couple of hours before dark and I noticed all the junk in the water too. Doesn't seem to be cool enough for turn over but you are probably right .......
    Like you said, fishing was tough ...3 short crappie and a couple of almost keeper green carp. Finally slowed way down by putting a bobber 4 foot above the jig around a lay down in about 7 foot of water. Caught 2 nice blacks in two casts and missed a couple more good hits. Then had to head out. Threw the fish back to catch another day.
    Always appreciate your reports on Pomme.
    I have not yet begun to procrastinate .....