Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Small Fry clan

Post Thanks / Like

Default Small Fry clan

I've owned a Caney Creek Small Fry mold for a year now and when they came out with the two most recent members of that mold's family, the Nano Fry and the Super Fry, I started to get nervous. The Small Fry at 1.75" is a fine bait and a super size. But that Nano just had me itchy, so I bought a mold and it came yesterday. Ironicly I came home after visiting a friend and had his Super Fry mold along to try. Sadly I didn't have time last night to play. But today.....

I didn't have a ton of time nor did I want to mix up new juice for either of the molds until I had a chance to use them and get a hang on any quirks they might have so I dug out a bunch of pretty left-over plastic and went at it. Things went well.

The picture with the size mix has all three of the Small Frys. Man, what a range of size. Those little guys I know will sucker some sunfish and crappies while those super pig stickers are going to tease some walleyes yet this next week.

Boy am I going to be in trouble when I buy that mold for the big dudes.

shipahoy41 is offline Crappie.com Legend - 2022 Crappie.com Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Those small ones are deadly baits. Nice job.
    Aquatic Species Removal Engineer.
    May God be with you. Keep CALM and STAY ANCHORED with your faith.

Post Thanks / Like

You do fine work, them fish in Minnesota going to be in real trouble.
    I don't suffer from insanity; I enjoy every minute of it.....

PROUD MEMBER OF TEAM GEEZER

Post Thanks / Like

Very nice - now what the heck jig size you gonna use on them little things???

Post Thanks / Like

I'll hang these little guys on a 1/32 head cast on a #8 sickle hook. Deadly little jigs.

I cooked up these today in the larger mold [3.75"] and each back color corresponds to the belly color in glow-in-color....purple back, purple glow, etc.

Post Thanks / Like

they look great Tom.

Post Thanks / Like

With lows forecasted in the low 20's this weekend it looks like the Walleyes might get in the mood for those! That double orange one is super sweet!!!
    By the way...I did break the shaft on my motor....about $500 to fix it! I guess no new molds for awhile! It really bums me to break a shaft in 15+ feet of water...darn, mean ole river!

Post Thanks / Like

Lots of labor there. Maybe we're in the wrong line of work?

The mold offers a couple of challenges, one to prevent de-lamination. I am doing a couple more colors today but I'm doing tails of different color.

Sinuses took off on me during the night and I've been up since around 3:30 am. Just got the leg settled down and now a sinus infection. I get this every year, spring and fall....so I've been waiting for it to show up. Doc at ten and more meds. Life's just a riot at times, but at least I still cast a shadow.

Post Thanks / Like

I really like the doubble orange cloor also. Looks good

Post Thanks / Like

Here's a few more to round out a nice selection for Friday's mission.

I can make these and NOT have to wear my glasses. Love it.

When holding the one in the center of the pic, it looks like it could jump out of your mitt. Talk about realistic.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast