Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Shallow still on Truman

Jigging15 is offline Moderator MO OT and MO Tournaments * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Shallow still on Truman

I got out this morning and it was about as perfect a morning as a guy could ask for to be fishing in. Nice and cool and very little wind. I fished about a 10 mile stretch and the fish were cooperating everywhere I went. I first tried some stuff in 10-16 ft of water along the channel and could only catch small fish. Hit some shallow beds in two different creeks and caught some good fish. Went back to the flats to fish beds and found little fish again. But once I started hitting isolated trees up shallow I started catching the good ones again. Thought of another spot on the way back to the ramp and caught some more fish on shallow trees. Best bite was for sure in 4-6 ft and right off the bottom. It has been almost 2 months since I have caught a keeper in over 10 ft of water. I had 8 fish over a lb that I weighed with the biggest going 1 lb 8 oz and another at 1 lb 6 oz. 8 1/2 lbs in about 5 1/2 hours is a dang good morning. They are getting fat right now with all the shad to eat. Home in time to watch the Cheifs lose again. Forgot to add every fish was caught on Silver Glitter/Chartruse with Bang garlic spray. Midsouth tubes and Bobby Garlond minnow minders

Post Thanks / Like

Good Job Jared. We were pulling the old Chevelle back from Springfield and crossing over the lake wish we would have been out there. Messin with the old cars was fun this weekend, but I sure did miss fishing. My boy and I will be down Friday for next weekend. hopefully they are still biting good!

Post Thanks / Like

It's that bang spray that knocks them sensless........ and I conisder that as cheating......... stinking crap......
    A FISH IN THE PAN IS WORTH TWO IN THE LAKE

Post Thanks / Like

I thought I was always fishing in the wrong spots Monty. Guess no one is around because of the smell. It sure makes a difference some days.

Post Thanks / Like

nice going Jared, sounds like a fun day for sure, got a couple stockton trips lined up then I am headed to Oklahoma, and truman, for a couple day trips,,, hope to find some fish in OK. and maybe find some on Truman, I hear the grand callin my name

Post Thanks / Like

Nice report, Jared. Thinking I may give it a shot some morning this week.

"Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty ia a well-armed lamb contesting the vote." - Benjamin Franklin.

Post Thanks / Like

Nice job Jiggin congrats.
    2014 Crappie Masters Mark Twain Champion
    2 time CDC Truman Lake series points champion

Post Thanks / Like

Good job Jared! Been thinking about coming up Friday and giving it a whirl I have the day off.

Post Thanks / Like

I will try and get out a few times before camp to find some fish close to Bucksaw. I think the flats and mouths of coves will be the same below as it is up above. May even be better bite down there. The rigging is working right now with minnows fishing right on the bottom in the creek channels. Tried it with jigs with no luck at all. May try it again this week with minnows.

Post Thanks / Like

Great report Jared thanks for the info. Hope I can put it to use...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast