Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Need Advise Going crappie fishin on Monday Oct 1st on Barkley lake

Post Thanks / Like

Default Need Advise Going crappie fishin on Monday Oct 1st on Barkley lake

Hello Fellas,
    New to the site and pretty new to crappie fishin.
    Been a few times just on my own, sorta winging it. I Bass fish quite a bit on Barkley Lake and thought I would take my father-in-law crappie fishing. I have a 19ft Bassboat.
    Anyway, since I really have no idea what I'm doing I need some advise. I'll probably put in at either Kuttawa or Eddy Creek if anyone is familiar with the area. I know where some brush piles in the 10-15ft range are, and where a nice hump is where a creek channel and the main lake channel come together. I have a crappie tube "Kit", slip bobbers and about anything else you can think of. I planned on buy about 3 or 4 dozen minnows (if they will fit in my little baitwell it is about 2 gallons) but I do not know what size to get or how to rig/fish them.

Please any help would be great, I just want this to be enjoyable for my father-in-law.
    Thanks ctf58
    Ps would also love to take someone fishin if they are willin to share some knowledge on KY or Barkley.

Post Thanks / Like

Fish your tubes on an 1/8 oz jig and tip it with a minnow. Vertical fish it in and around any wood/brush you can find 15-20fow.

Post Thanks / Like

Thank you pab1981,
    What colors of the tube do you recommend? Also I have the normal jigs and roadrunner jigs in 1/8 and 1/4. Any other pointers? Should I hook the minnow under the jaw and up through the nose or in the back?
    Again thanks for the response.

Post Thanks / Like

i've caught tons of fish hooking them either way; the roadrunners are great along with beetle spins
    Gander Mtn GSX.....Perception Pescador 12.....Shakespeare Contender

Post Thanks / Like

well the weatherman just called my fishing off. Thanks for the advise, I will use it in the near future.