Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Tube suggestion

Post Thanks / Like

Default Tube suggestion

What are some recommendations of brand of panfish tubes i should get to inject the slab sauce or put crappie nibbles into?

Post Thanks / Like

Any of the tube that have a cavity in the body. EB
    DO-GOODER EXTRADINAR :p

Post Thanks / Like

Mid-South tackle tubes are very popular in my area. They are well made with a solid filled body in the front so it grabs your jig well, with the rest of the body hollow for injecting. I also like Southern Pro umbrella tubes
    The two best times to fish (when it's raining & when it aint). Proud member of team GitDaFeeshGrease

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Eager Beaver View Post
    Any of the tube that have a cavity in the body. EB
    The type of tubes i have are Cabelas brand. I guess they were double poured or something. The hole in the back is too small for me to get the syringe inside. I would need an actual medical syringe to get anything in there. As for the nibbles, there is no way to get them in there.

So that is why i asked.

Post Thanks / Like

As already stated above. Mid South or Southern Pro tubes will fit your needs perfectly. You could also go check out the lure making section. theres some guys pouring some good looking tubes as well and im sure custom colors wouldnt be a problem. As a matter of fact ill be ordering some to try soon myself.

shipahoy41 is offline Crappie.com Legend - 2022 Crappie.com Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Xpress Fishing View Post
    As already stated above. Mid South or Southern Pro tubes will fit your needs perfectly. You could also go check out the lure making section. theres some guys pouring some good looking tubes as well and im sure custom colors wouldnt be a problem. As a matter of fact ill be ordering some to try soon myself.
    x2
    Aquatic Species Removal Engineer.
    May God be with you. Keep CALM and STAY ANCHORED with your faith.

CrappiePappy is offline Super Moderator - 2013 Man Of The Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

1.5" BPS Squirmin Squirts or Sparkle Squirts would be a good choice. Hollow body tubes, & come in quite a selection of colors/combos.

What exactly are you using to inject the nibbles ?? And are you injecting them BEFORE you put the jig hook thru them ??

... cp

Post Thanks / Like

now that's a good question. How does one inject tubes for the rest of us who have NO clue about injecting nibbles (or whatever) into a tube rig?

Post Thanks / Like

I like the mid south tubes also. As for what to inject, they made stuff to inject, but I had some crappie nibble that I mixed with water ( you can use fish oil) just to thin it out enough so it can go through what syringe you are using. They also sell syringes that you can buy but cost a little bit and being the tight butt that I am I just use the turkey injector that you get everytime you buy a marinade, I just cut off the threads and leave the little tip and it works just fine.
    Lets go soak a line. Pat

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by crappiepappy View Post
    1.5" BPS Squirmin Squirts or Sparkle Squirts would be a good choice. Hollow body tubes, & come in quite a selection of colors/combos.

What exactly are you using to inject the nibbles ?? And are you injecting them BEFORE you put the jig hook thru them ??

... cp
    This was going to be my next question.

It was advise to me to use a baby medical syringe. Though i was never told whether to inject it before or after the jighead was in. So i experimented with that part and found it much easier to inject it before putting the jighead through the tube.

As for the nibbles, i normally just squeeze and roll it between my fingers and kind of push it the best i can into the cavity of the tube. I usually have to break the nibble into smaller pieces to make it small enough.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast