Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Great day, but Longview is fickle

Post Thanks / Like

Default Great day, but Longview is fickle

Great day to be out, but the pattern was tough for me. I hope someone was out there and did great, but the few I talked to said it sucked.

The only two fish I caught are in the picture. Both came from 2.5FOW, 2 different arms of the lake. Dead stick on both. Orange Chart 2.5" tube. Didn't have a fish that hit today. They just kind of grabbed on as it went by. I had a 3rd fish that did the same thing, and I felt sick that I lost it. I got a look at the fish and the shoulders on it, it was a 2+ fish easily. Weather was great, and fall colors are coming in.

If you fish longview, You'll recognize the nest. I was around 200 yards closer to the road when I caught these fish. If you don't know and want to know, PM me and I'll send you the exact coords. The 2+ lb fish from this spring was from within 100yards of the eagles nest. I'd love to compare notes on that area, or arrange to drop some additional brush there too.

Post Thanks / Like

Hey man I was out yesterday evening trying everything i could and only caught a couple. I could find em grouped up on drop offs. But codnt get em to hit anything I threw at em. I cant say that i remember where that eagles nest is but i sure wouldnt mind knowing either. As far as brush piles i could load a few in my Lil 15 footer. Let me know when so we could work something out.
    Catch Fish Or Die Old Trying!

Post Thanks / Like

Sure thing. I'd sure like to get an area or 2 or 3 set up. I'm PM'g you the general coords for what I'm talking about based on google earth.

There are several areas that I think would benefit from some good old fashioned brush.

Jigging15 is offline Moderator MO OT and MO Tournaments * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Sounds like a great little area. A few beds and it would be a honey hole for sure. I can see a few more fish going in the tank at Bass Pro once you get it figured out.

Post Thanks / Like

Had several PM's from people wanting to get out and put out brush. I'm Going to get some PM's going tonight, so we can work out some details. I think with a group of 5-10 guys we could seriously get some holes set up in areas that we all know produce. If there's anyone that has access to some stake materials, that might be a plus too. There is one huge flat in particular that would be great for stakes.

Post Thanks / Like

been tough most everywhere Duncan, but hey you got out and had a nice day...

Post Thanks / Like

Bring one of those melons up here bud!

Speck is online now MO/MS Moderator and Fishing Legend * Member Sponsor
    Post Thanks / Like

Still sounds like a great day. You don't always have to load the boat to have fun. It does suck to have a two plus wave bye bye to you with his tail!!!

Crazy Angler Pro Staff
    Crappie Logic Pro Staff